Chapter 23

Three Hours Later

Lucky's POV

"Alright guys, I think I have to get going, it's 8:00 and it's getting late. It's been fun hanging with you guys, but I have to go now." Travis said.

"Okay, good night Travis and safe travels." AC said.

"Thanks for staying here longer Travis. I'll see you next time, take care." I said.

Travis waved his goodbyes, and now it's just AC and I. She hasn't said anything after Travis left, and I think the situation keeps getting awkward. I don't know what to say, and what to do. I don't think she's sleepy yet, I've been staying up kind of late like around 11, but I don't know how long she stays up to.

"What time do you normally go to bed?" I asked.

"Well, depends on the mood I'm in. Normally I'd go to bed around 11, but if you feel sleepy, than I don't mind going to be early either." She replied.

"Oh, I've been sleeping around 11 anyways so I think we have the same sleeping schedule."

"I didn't think you slept that late. I guess your body is still use to how you use to sleep."

"How did you know when I sleep?"

"Oh, well we'd text each other sometimes at night, and also when we did sleepovers, we slept pretty late on sleepovers."

"I see, what time was the latest you stayed up to?"

"5 AM."

"5?! Why so late?"

"I wasn't sleepy, plus I was binge watching a series and I was trying to watch the most episodes as possible."

"Binge watching?"

"Oh, binge watching is basically like watching a TV series or movies series and you keep watching it till your at the end. I kept watching more and more, than next thing you know, it was already 5. I guess I could have not just slept also since I would be getting barely any sleep."

"But you need your sleep, that's how you grow."

"I know, I do go to sleep early also sometimes."

"What do you binge watch on?"

"On my phone, sometimes my laptop, depends what I feel like watching on."

"On this small device? How are you able to watch on a little screen that looks like it doesn't have much memory?"

"They have alot of memory, plus the screen isn't that small, compared to like couple years ago, those screens were really small."

"These phones can really do a lot. I don't know if I'll be able to also binge watch as much as you."

"That's fine, is there a particular show you want to watch? Here check them out."

AC handed me her phone, and there were a ton of things on here that I don't know about. I'm assuming all the pictures are shows, and that's how I watch them.

"How do I use this?"

"Oh, my bad. So this app is called Netflix, and each of these pictures are different shows you can watch. Each show and movie has their own description, so when you tap on the image, you can see what it's about."

"Cool, thanks. Maybe I'll choose this one."

"Avengers. Are you sure? You probably might want to watch the first movies before you watch that one otherwise you would be lost."

"Okay, I'll just choose something else."

"I also have different apps that have more series and movies. Here, let me guide you through it. Press the home button, and there's this folder that says streaming apps, and once you press it, you can see all the different apps I have."

"Okay, I'll try this one called TFC."

"That one is Filipino. Most of the language is in Tagalog, but some have English subtitles."

"Okay, that's good. I need to try and learn some of my language anyways."

"Alright, whatever you say."

"I'll choose this one."

"On The Wings Of Love? That one is a classic that we would always watch."

"We use to watch this?"

"Yeah, it has a really good story line, and if old you liked it, I think you would still like it."

"Okay, let's watch it then? Would you want to watch it?"

"Yeah, I'll watch it. I have these earbuds that you stick in your ear, and you can hear what is coming out of the phone."

"Okay, here get on the bed. It will be a more comfortable and I don't know how you would watch from down there."

"Are you sure? I don't want to mess any of your cords up."

"There's no cords on this side, and there's plenty of room. Also where do you plan on sleeping?"

"The couch?"

"Just sleep here on the bed if it's fine with you. Your neck might start to hurt if you sleep on the couch."

"Okay, thanks."

"You're welcome."

I helped AC climb onto the medical bed, I was on the right side, and she was on the left side, I can't imagine how uncomfortable that would be sleeping on these couches. The arm rests are made of wood, and that would be so uncomfortable.

She gave me one of the earbuds, and she had one in her ear, and started watching the show.

Two Hours Later

After watching four episodes, I looked over to AC, and she was dozing off to sleep. She kept fading in and out, and next thing you know, she fell asleep on my shoulder. She is so cute. I can hear her snore a little. I gently took her head, and laid it on the pillow softly. I feel this strange connection to AC. I can't quite describe it, but it feels as if something is in my stomach, and my cheeks feel stiffer than normal. Is this normal? I can't quite figure out what this feeling is. I think it's best I go to sleep now. I turned the screen off, and put the headphones on the little arm table on the hospital bed that I usually eat from, and put the phone there aswell, and drifted off to sleep.

End of Chapter, thank you for reading this chapter, and I think I'll be time skipping next chapter to speed things up to the discharge process so we can see what will start to happen. Stay tuned for the next chapter!