2. A New Journey

"Destiny is the mastermind which decides the destination of a person. When it takes you there, you might understand the reason." ~ Subhadra

✉✉✉✉✉✉✉✉✉✉✉✉✉✉✉✉✉✉✉✉✉✉✉✉

It was yet another bright day in my Kanyakul. I was sitting with Dushalla near the lake with a few other girls around us. I had explored the most talkative side of Dushalla and she of mine. Over the days, we developed a bond, much more than friendship. A bond which I had always longed for, of sisters.

"Subhadra! Which musical instrument are you planning to choose?" Dushalla spoke in her usual melodious voice making my lips curve into a smile.

"I can't decipher anything from your smile Subhu" She coaxed.

"I am thinking on learning to play the Veena" I said smiling. My Pitashree's descriptions about Goddess Saraswati were heavenly and I had developed an admiration towards her and the Veena. 

"Alright. You know, I heard more about my brothers yesterday" Dushalla started when a voice interrupted us.

"Dushalla! Subhadra! Charu! What are you all doing here? It's time for your music classes" we turned to find our teacher behind.

"We are coming Guruma!" We replied, getting to our feet. Following her, we found the other Princesses waiting for the teacher.

"It's so boring to sit idle, we are much before time." 

"What have we been doing since morning?" Another Princess asked and we laughed at our own condition.

"It seems like Guruma has gone to the temple. She might not be back soon" Charu said after enquiring with the other staff in the Kanyakul.  

"Its time for me to entertain you by sharing some news about my brothers from the Gurukul" Dushalla proposed and everyone nodded enthusiastically.

"Firstly, Bratashri Duryodhan! He has started learning mace. Brata Bheem is also in the same field. Guru Dhronachaarya himself said that they are invincible."

There was a huge round of applause following her words. 

"Next, Bratashri Dushasan! He seems to have developed interest in sword fight. Brata Nakul is his main opponent in Gurukul." Though Dushalla loved all her brothers equally, I noticed that she had accepted the fact that her brothers could never get along. Placing her brothers as opponents didn't please me.

"I have heard these names. Your brothers seem to be famous in Aryavat." A girl started.

"Yes! The Pandavas and the Kauravas my brothers. Being the gift of Gods..." she started again and Charu glanced at me helplessly.

"Three... two... one" I whispered and we both shouted Dushalla's name in unison making her jump back in fear.

"Subhu! Charu!" She shouted at us and the dam broke as everyone began laughing at Dushalla. "We are not at fault. We have heard about your brothers being the gift of Gods a thousand times in these days" I said with veiled smile.

"Tell us something which we don't know about them" Charu added.

"Bratashri Sahadev is specialising in axe while Bratashri Yudhisthir is dealing with a spear" she said in an excited tone and I hummed.

"And what about the third Pandava,  Arjuna?" Charu asked and I found myself growing curious to know about him.

"What does his name have to do in my life? It's an ordinary name like any other but why does it feel so special?" I thought.