PT.2 C H A P T E R THIRTEEN

ابدأ من البداية

The rest of the ride there was pretty much her talking to her girls while I geared myself up to take on mama Monica. Lord watch over me man.

-

It took a good forty minutes to reach the house and I automatically knew Robyn bought this for her. It was big as fuck and just exuberates 'Rihanna'

I stepped out first and held the door open for the girls, smiling when Mel dusted off my shoulders. "You'll be fine. Auntie usually has good judgement and if she sees you how we see you, you'll be fine. Just don't be fake."

I nodded slowly before turning when I heard laughter, my eyes catching Robyn pulling her mom into a hug at the front door. "Does only her mom live here?"

Melissa shook her head. "Nah, Rorrey and Rajad do too. Her brothers."

Right on time, the two boys came out and cheered when they saw their sister. Wellllll shit, okay.

I ran a hand through my hair before walking up with a smile. Monica's eyes caught mine and she smiled. Okay, good sign.

"Hi, I'm Y/n." I said politely with my hand up and she looked at it oddly before pulling me into a hug.

"I know sweetheart." She then pulled back and slapped my shoulder which made my eyes widen. "Why did it take you so long to meet me huh? Your phone don't work?"

"I uh.." I shook my head softly and chuckled nervously. "I know, I apologize for not reaching out or anything."

She pursed her lips and looked me up and down before looking at Robyn. "You right, she is polite." She grabbed my opened button up shirt and fixed it slightly. "I hope you're hungry yeah?"

I nodded with a soft chuckle. "I can always eat, yes."

"Good. Robyn go fix Y/n a plate while she talks with me."

She gave me a look with a playful scowl. "What about my plate?" Monica waved her off and Rob stuck her tongue out at me when I smirked before walking into the house with Melissa and Jen.

My attention then turned to her brothers who carried friendly faces. "I'm Rorrey, this is Rajad. We been hearing a lot about you."

"You as well. It's nice to meet you guys finally."

I was then led into the house by Monica and the brothers. "So you have a child?" She asked and I internally winced before nodding. "How are you and the mother? Any problems? Something my daughter had to worry about?"

I shook my head immediately. "No ma'am. We're good friends." She hummed suspiciously and I smiled to myself, knowing what was on her mind. "And friends is all we'll be, I can assure you that."

She nodded and patted my back. "Okay good. And where is the baby now?"

"With my mom in Georgia." I relied.

She nodded again. "And you take care of yours right?"

"Yes ma'am. I love my daughter more than anything." Her smiled widened and she patted my back with a single nod. So.. was that good? Was I good??

I then silently followed her into the kitchen where Robyn and Melissa were eating Oxtails.

"Here." Rob mumbled and handed me a plate but Monica shook her head and grabbed it. "Mom that's a good plate."

"No it's not, Robyn. She is a mama and from the south. She needs a real plate." I mean.. the plate was already full but who was I to object?

Monica then proceeded to fill my plate up with more rice and oxtails and plantains (recognized that from Rob's cooking) plus some red beans.

"Who else you gonna see?" Monica asked her daughter as I sat at the table across from Melissa and dug into the food.