Chapter 4

FOLLOWING CHAPTERS ARE BEING REVISED

Wow, it's humongous. Is my first thought as I stare up at Hunter's enterprise tall glass building. I thought it would be some small company. But boy was I wrong. So wrong. I always Google big things like this but my mind was so preoccupied with everything else, it never occurred to me.

I'll be doing an internship here. What if they don't accept me? I have uni as well. And I desperately need this job. Fuckkkk.

I mentally slap my panic in the face. Focus Hannah, this isn't the time or place to panic. And immediate negativity won't get me anywhere.

I wore sexy lingerie to give myself a boost of confidence. Despite no one being able to see it, it makes me feel sexy and powerful. And I need to put up a strong forefront, need to show I know what I'm doing. Because I do, but sometimes anxiety can get the best of me.

Other than my beautiful lingerie, underneath my white long collar coat, I'm wearing a white blouse with fluffy sleeves along my biceps. It's tucked into a jet black pencil skirt that rests above my knees. And on my feet, I have pointed black heels from New Look. Maybe after working here I'll be able to get designer ones.

"Hi, my name is Hannah Moon. I have an interview at two-thirty," I say to the ginger-haired man behind the front desk.

"Sorry, could you repeat your name?" He kindly asks.

"Hannah Moon."

My nerves are so high, the clicking of the keyboard keys reverberate through my head. "You're on the eighteenth floor. The elevator is just there." He points to the right, where two elevators are located.

My claustrophobia doesn't allow me to take elevators. "Could you point me in the direction of the stairs? I would prefer to take them." Even though it's eighteen floors, I still can't take the elevator.

"Of course." His sweet smile doesn't waver as he points to where the stairs are located.

"Thank you." I give him a small grateful smile for not making a face before moving for the double doors leading to the staircase.

You would be surprised by the amount of people that look at me like I'm crazy for not taking the elevator. I can understand why from those who don't know the reason behind it. However, some do and yet they still give me weird looks. Like bitch, I'm not doing it on purpose, it's out of my control.

This is the main reason why I keep flats in my purse at all times— for moments like these. I have many of them in uni. And I know I could save the inconvenience and stick to flats, but I choose fashion over comfort.

Once I'm through the double doors, I check my surroundings before taking out my small cotton stuff bag in which my flats reside and replace them with my heels.

By the time I've reached the eighteenth floor, I'm sweating, but not as profusely since it's cold. I change back into my heels and put on some deodorant and perfume.

I know there are cameras but I've grown to not give a fuck. I'm accustomed to this routine now.

Taking in a big deep breath, I push open one of the double doors and step into what could possibly be my new workplace.

I hope.

My eyes bulge at the grand floor. White marble flooring and a big white marble desk sit in the middle of the vast room and a big beautiful glass chandelier hangs above it.

There's a huge wide corridor going on behind the desk and two smaller ones, adjacent to each other on the right and left.

"Hi, my name is Hannah and I have an interview at two-thirty," I inform the man and women situated behind the desk.