𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀

***

***

Embarrassed. Olivia didn't stay long with Professor Lupin. She drank her tea fast and excused herself to bed, ignoring the teacher's objections. She knew he only meant well, but she couldn't bare to look him in the eyes and see the pity he had for her. She couldn't let him see her that way; couldn't allow him to validate what happened because only then would it become real to her.
She would go to sleep and pretend like nothing happened tomorrow, in an attempt to bring her life back to normal.

"You're out late," Hannah said to her as she laid down on top of her bed covers. Hannah had a smirk on her face.
"Get into trouble did you?" She joked.

"Yeah.. something like that. Turn off the light would you?"
Olivia felt awkward lying to her, but she could imagine her react if she told the truth.

Hannah cast knox and the room became pitch black. Only the sounds of the other girl's sleeping - or snoring in Kaylee Jade's case - and the crickets chirping outside.

She didn't realise when she had fallen asleep, but when she woke it was daylight out, but early enough that no one else was awake yet.
She felt empty, void of any emotion and when she sat up and swung her legs over the edge of the bed she was met with a pounding headache and an empty stomach.
She cursed herself for missing dinner last night to gallivant with Cody.

She tiptoed out of the dorms and into the bathrooms to shower, to scrub her body almost raw and stand under the scolding water. It was the only thing that felt real to her, and she cried. She cried and held her knees to her chest as she screamed a silent scream; one of those sounds that only a broken person can muster, but also to not wake the entire castle.

By the time she had finished everyone had began to wake. She made her way to the breakfast hall and took a seat, being the only person in there beside a couple early riser's and Professor Snape who had his usual scowl on.

Olivia sighed with relief. She had worried that Professor Lupin was an early bird and already be in the hall, but it seemed luck was on her side today. She planned to avoid him all day, and considering she didn't have any DADA classes today it would be rather easy.

Sitting down, she poured herself a glass of juice and drank half immediately as she buttered a piece of toast and topped it with jam. She ate slow and by the time she had finished, the castle was alive with noises of people coming down for breakfast; Professor Lupin included.
When the man entered and she saw him, Olivia jumped up and charged for the exit - which happened to be the same direction he was in and by the time she had realised, he had stopped her. His hands on her shoulders. He gave her shoulder's a squeeze and smiled sympathetically.

"Miss Solis, how are you feeling?" He asked, finally returning his hands to the inside of his pockets and fixed his stance.

"Oh me? I'm fine!" She acted as if nothing was wrong, as per her plan. And before he could reply she was gone.
He stood and watched until she was fully out of view.

***

Olivia sat by the lake and took its beauty in; the way the moon glistened in the soft ripples of the water and the stars in the sky that slowly faded to nothing. She loved it. It brought her a sense of calm and order.
She sat for quite a while before she heard Professor Lupin ambling up behind her. She didn't even have to turn to know it was him.

"You're not going to leave me alone, are you?" She said, turning slightly and looking at him in the corner of her eye.
He chuckled.

"No, I'm not," and he sat down next to her, knees bent a little to mimic her. "I want to make sure you're okay, but avoiding it isn't going to help."

She didn't speak at first, but waited a while to try and pull together some sort of excuse as to why she wanted to act like it never happened. She had an excuse, but not one that would pass for him.

"I was scared that if I admitted what happened, it would become real to me," she turned to him, tears at the brims of her eyes. "But it already feels so real."
And she began crying now.

Lupin didn't quite know what to do at first, and after a moment of thinking, he wrapped his arms around the girl and pulled her close.

"It's going to be okay, Olivia." He cooed.