𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙊

Excitement

Excitement. That's what Olivia and her friends felt in this very moment, walking cautiously around the pitch black corridors of the castle. It was just past midnight. Whilst the group - which consisted of five people including Hannah and herself and three boys by the names of Cody (He's a sixth year student), Jack, and Matthew - were talking in their common room, Matthew had the bright idea to play hide n' seek. At first everyone was skeptical about it, but after his comment "live a little" everyone gave in and decided that he be the seeker considering it was his idea.

The remaining four walked fast as they spoke among each other, also trying to be quiet so that they didn't wake anyone.
No one casted Lumos because of the paintings. They'd surely be told on if they made themselves known to them and shown their faces. Therefore, with nothing to help them see, they walked into many walls, and Jack even tripped down a few stairs toward the bottom of the castle. No one tried to keep in their laughter as they teased him for his stupidity.

Cody pulled out his map and spoke its magic words.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." He said and looked around at each of their faces, watching as it showed everyone's locations. They weren't fussed about anyone's footsteps but one.
"There!" He called out, pointing to a set of sprinting prints. "He's headed the other wa- wait! He's turned around."

Everyone felt a playful fear, laughing with adrenaline when they saw Matthew had changed his direction, and was now coming straight for them.

"Oh Merlin! He's coming. Quick!" Cody quickly handed Olivia the map before they all dispersed in seperate ways, except for Hannah who ran alongside her friend.
They laughed together as they began escaping the seeker's prowl.

Olivia slowed her pace to have a peek at the paper in her hand, Hannah obviously not realising as she continued on without her.
Now walking, she opened the map back up.

"Shit." She mumbled when she saw Matthew's steps only a corner away. There was no way she could outrun him in the corridor, so she started looking around for a way out. Bingo! A door to her right.

She peered over her shoulder one last time, then entered the room, shutting it as quietly as she could, but not slow enough that Matthew could've seen.
She kept her head close to the door as she listened for him.

Footsteps were becoming louder.

"Lumos!" She heard him say. There weren't any paintings in this part of the castle; he was using his brain.

"Where'd you go..." She had barely heard him say this.
His steps were practically outside the door now, and she could've sworn he had his hand on the latch before a laugh was heard down another corridor, and he raced off in search of whoever it was.
Olivia sighed loudly in sweet relief and checked the map one more time, and she was right, Matthew did run off down another corridor chasing Hannah, whom she guess must've come back to find her.