"You mean he was harsh on them in training?"

"Not...exactly." her serious expression failed to hide the embarrassed tint that was covering her cheeks.

Ah, I get it now! "So he seduce-"

"No! Im sure whatever happened was very respectful towards he or she involved!" She yelled before clearing her throat, "well, it's wrong to spread rumours about your higher ups like this."

I had a look of deep thought on my face, sizing up sir Walko. Let's see, tall, ripped, nice ass and a face that wasn't hard to look at.

"He could get it"

"May!" Charlotte stuck her fingers in her ears as I laughed.

Her innocence reminds me of will in a way, and Will's face reminds me of Eddie...which reminds me of his princely charm....great, now I'm in a bad mood again. I feel bad for whatever kid's going to get the force of this rage...

After a long wait it was finally time for the eighteenth battle, Charlotte vs some kid named Tyrone.

I wished her luck and she gave me a curt nod, then walked, straight backed, towards the pitch.

I looked up and down at her opponent. He was fairly tall, with quite a bit of brawn. He seemed familiar with a sword and treated it as a third limb. He wasn't cocky or arrogant and seemed to respect Charlotte's skill, treating her as a real opponent should be.

Is it considered sad that a bunch of savage grown men, who couldn't get a wife even if they tried, could learn a thing or two from literal children? Yeah I think so too... I have a strange recollection of the people of my past life, and still I don't think I've ever seen anything like the behaviour of those oafs.

Bring my attention back to the two young teens, I see they've drawn their wooden swords and are waiting for the signal.

Sir Walko strikes the bell beside the rankings board and the two sprung on each other without hesitation.

The two had very different techniques. They clearly had differing abilities and had been taught how to use their talents to cover their weak points.

Tyrone's sword was smaller than Charlotte's. He was quick and used short stabbing motions to try knock her off her balance. He never stayed still for very long, not giving her a chance to break his weak defence.

But Charlotte wasn't disadvantaged either. Her sword was much larger and was thick enough to be used as am effective shield. She was slower of her feet but not when it came to the movement of her sword. It whipped around her just as fast as Tyrone could slash. She remained cemented to the spot, only moving her head to watch his movements and arms to block his attacks.

It was a pairing that wasn't challenging their weaknesses and instead showing off their strengths.

The battle dragged on, sir Walko was watching intently to see where the limit of their stamina lay. The fight only ended when Charlotte, taking advantage of Tyrone's fatigue, swung further out than she had the entire match. She was fast, but he was faster. Leaping to the side just in time and slashing her side, effectively knocking her down.

The sides of the weapons were blunt and wooden, so no real harm was caused....but a force strong enough to knock you down has got to hurt. I'm strong enough to admit that I'd probably cry, and you know what? I'm not ashamed of that, fight me!

"The victor at twenty seven minutes is Tyrone Bales!" I did say earlier that he could get it but I can't ever imagine him not yelling... Who knows, maybe the young men and women of the royal guards like being passionately shouted at. I'm not one to judge am I?