With a sharp click they're removed, the Enforcers moving away, one giving me a final sharp push and making me stumble.

"Zac!" the familiar voice screams and I look up, eyes finding the gorgeous blonde on the other side of the field, quickly running towards me as though her life depends on it. She's safe. I grin at the sight, hastily taking steps forward, ignoring the pleas from my legs to give out. I need to touch her, I need to feel her in my arms to know that she's real.

"Emilia!" I reply just as she is in front of me, unable to stop before she propels herself into me, my arms instantly wrapping around her, her legs around my waist. My body is crying out from pain, but I force it all away, instead focusing on the angel in my arms. She's here. She's really here, and she's okay.

"You're okay, you're okay!" she mutters into my neck and I smile, breathing in her heavenly scent. I am now. She pulls back quickly, her worried blue eyes scanning over my face.

"I'm so glad you're okay, Emi," I say, the little pet name falling out of my mouth before I can stop it. My arms are about to give out and I quickly place her on her feet, her eyes finally moving to the rest of my body, her face contorting into one of horror.

"Oh my god!" she exclaims. "I'm so sorry, I just threw myself at you and you... I didn't think... I'm so sorry..."

"Hey, Emilia!" I cut her off, grabbing hold of her waist and reaching up to brush the hair away from her face. "I'm okay, baby."

"Zac?" Jordan suddenly appears behind her, Emilia quickly stepping back as he steps up, Kieran in tow.

"Jordan," I greet. "Kieran."

"You've looked better, Zac," Kieran retorts, my legs starting to wobble as the adrenaline wears off.

"Don't I know it," I retort. "You wait until I'm back at fighting strength..." I trail off as my legs finally shut down, my body heading towards the floor.

"Zac!" Emilia squeals, both Jordan and Kieran grabbing onto me before I hit the grass, their arms hoisting me up between them.

"Let's get you out of here," Jordan mutters and I finally notice the worried looking Claudia who grabs hold of Emilia, the two of them following as the guys lead me away.

I barely register the walk, my feet barely touching the ground as my mates carry me home like a fucking baby. I've never felt so weak, so fucking useless, so humiliated. What kind of a man can't even fucking walk half a mile to get home? In front of Emilia no less...

I think I'm in and out of consciousness the entire way, blacking out along various streets, the guys slowly carrying me back through the city. 

I am well and truly beat, exhaustion filling me at the thought of being away from that pit of shit that they call a prison. I'm messed up, my mind is broken, my body is fucked and right now I can't even imagine how I'll ever get over this and move on. This could be it for me.

Emilia suddenly steps in front of us, my eyes struggling to focus on her, realising with a start that we are back at the house as she unlocks the door to our home and shoves it open.

"I cleared the bed for him!" she says, a small smile working its way onto my lips at the sound. Fucking hell, I could listen to her all day long.

Within five minutes, I am lying on the double bed, a place I've only been once before when my fingers were knuckles deep in Emilia. Kieran, Claudia and Emilia all disappear, their voices echoing from the floor below as Jordan sits down beside me, a worried look on his face.

"Stop looking at me like I'm going to fucking die," I snap weakly and he scoffs.

"Of course you aren't." He smirks. "You're Zac fucking Hastings."