A Perfect Night

Everynight of my life I've dreamed of this day. Even though for half of the nights, I didnt even know your name. We just got back from the park. A nice walk along the trails had always been our favorite pasttime. We are muddy and a mess, for the rain had blessed us at the worst moment, but we still cuddle on the couch the moment we step in the door. Even the cat is content with the night, purring on the floor, playing with a toy. While we get under the blankets, you turn on a movie to pass the rest of the night. It's my turn to chose, so I pick my favorite. A horror movie of course, you know they are all I ever watch. Throughout the movie, I'm not scared, yet I place my head on your lap for protection and security, in reality, I just crave your warmth and touch. You run your fingers through my hair, a soft sign of your affection. I feel the touch, not in my hair, but in my heart. My finger traces across your knee as the movie plays out. I might fall assleep, but even if I do, you would tuck me in a blanket on the couch and whisper "I love you" before heading off to our bed. You take one look at the moon gleaming down upon our house before glancing back at me one last time. It was the perfect night.