Part 8

HARRY'S POV:

I woke up at 4:30am to start my day, I used the bathroom, took a shower, brushed my teeth ext...(I think that's the correct one...) then went down to the kitchen. I made breakfast and went to knock on Mr. Malfoy's bedroom door. "Excuse me, Mr. Malfoy, breakfast is ready" I called after getting a sleepy grunt from him I made my way back down straits satisfied.

Mr. Malfoy came downstairs with only some sweatpants on and a loose T-shirt, "why is it so early?" He asked. I chuckled a little, "you said the horses are used to eat their breakfast at 6am so that's what they'll be doing. Ohh and I woke you Mr. up because you can't cook" I said and pointed the spatula at him.

He laughed a little and sat down, "whatever it is you made it sure sounds delicious" he said and I smiled. "Thank you, it's just plain chocolate chip pancakes with some scrambled eggs and bacon" I said looking down. I didn't necessarily want him to see the pink that tinted my cheeks at his compliment.

"You're welcome, and please just Call me Draco, we are going to be living together so we might as well be on first name basis right?" Draco said. I smiled a small smile at him and nodded, "okay Draco" I said, it was weirdly comfortable having his name roll off of my tongue.

DRACO'S POV:

Hearing him say my first name was such a wonderful thing, not even god himself would have been able to make anything sound more pleasing to me. I smiled at him and we ate the breakfast in silence, at least until Harry brought up the work that was ahead of him.

"So, you said you would help with the animals, you know I don't need the help, I can take care of it, it is what you hired me for either way" he said not looking up from his plate. I frowned a bit and looked in his direction, "but I want to help" I said and he looked up, "are you sure, it can be a lot of work for a beginner" he said.

I looked at him shocked, "a beginner? You've taken care of this many animals before?" I asked. Harry just chuckled a little and smiled "yeah, I used to work in a zoo because mom knew the owner, then she ended up having to sell it sadly and then I lost my job" Harry said.

"Well should we get started?" I asked and Harry laughed a little, okay I take it back. His name wasn't the most pleasing thing his mouth could make, it was his laughter. Then I realized he was laughing at me, "what is it?" I asked frowning a bit.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to be rude but do you really think you can do farm work in, well, those clothes?" Harry asked. I looked down at myself and laughed with him, "no, I guess I should change" I said laughing even more than before.

I ran upstairs to change my clothes before going back down, I had some horse riding pants on and a T-shirt under a zipper jacket. "I'm ready" I said as I walked back downstairs, Harry smiled and motioned for me to follow him outside.

Time skip till after feeding the animals

Me and Harry walked inside laughing our heads off, he had just told me about how his dog used to always be way too excited. I smiled at this moment, it was nice laughing with Harry, it felt right, like nothing could become bad and everything would always be good.

I sighed, "I'm getting hungry, how about I make lunch for us?" Harry asked as we walked past the kitchen. "Ohh food sounds amazing right now, can I help you? I want to learn" I said half asking. He smiled and nodded, "sure" he said and I followed him into the kitchen.

While we made lunch we laughed and had fun, I almost burned the toast by putting it down for the second time. Harry has shaken his head and told me never to put the bread back into the toaster.

"Thanks for letting me help, even though I barely did anything" I said and flashed Harry a genuine smile. Harry smiled back at me and chuckled, "you're welcome, I mean if you want to learn you have to start somewhere right?" Harry asked. "Yeah, yeah you do" I said and we both ended up in a fit of laughter.