Perfect Criminal •Part 3•

Start from the beginning

Magnus chuckled through his tears. "You're looking into the present, detective, dig deeper!" He stated flatly, not sounding like the usual jolly Magnus Alec knew.

Alec blinked away his tears, still pointing his gun towards Magnus. "What do you mean?" As if realising Magnus' words from yesterday, he looked at his boyfriend wide-eyed. "Are... Are you taking revenge?" When Magnus said nothing, he continued. "What could have those harmless people have done to you that went on a murder spree, Magnus?"

Magnus looked at him like he had ruined his most expensive designer suit. "HARMLESS! THOSE BASTARDS AREN'T HARMLESS! THEY ARE MURDERS, RAPISTS, TRUE MONSTERS AMONG HUMANS WHO SHOULDN'T EXIST!" He wiped away his tears as his chest rose and fell rapidly and heavily with immense hatred and anger. "They are fucking monsters, cold-hearted beasts who don't respect anyone. I did the world a favour by killing them!"

Alec lowered his gun a little as Magnus' words hit him hard. He had never seen him like that. There was so much hatred in his voice, in his eyes, hatred, and pain, and something he could only decipher as longing. What was all this about and how had he done all this with so much perfection?
He put his gun on the table then looked at Magnus who was looking at his every action.

"What is it about, Magnus? I've never seen you like this. This much hatred! I can't believe you could have so much hatred in you. I need answers. Answers for what turned my boyfriend into a cold-hearted serial killer?"

When Alec put his gun down, Magnus didn't know how to react. Was his boyfriend willing to listen to him or was it just a trap? He gulped when Alec put forward his questions. He was going to tell him everything anyways when he was done with all the fifteen bastards. But he still has some of them to put down, and he won't be able to rest if he was put down knowing those bastards are alive and living freely, especially Asmodeous.

"Tell me it's not a trap of yours, Alexander! Tell me that you're actually willing to listen to me. Willing to know my dark past!"

Alec's breath was caught in his lungs when Magnus said dark past. He knew that Magnus was an orphan, that he never had a childhood as a normal child should have, but there was more to it? It's something Magnus never told him. He gulped then nodded.

"It's not, Magnus. It's a talk between me and my boyfriend, not between a cop and a criminal." He stated honestly.

Magnus' didn't need any proof to know Alec was being honest. He knew his voice, knew the different octaves of his voice.

"I'm not killing any random people, Alexander. Those bastards are responsible for ruining my whole life. I know them, personally."

"What!?" Alec's eyes widened at maximum. "Were... were those people your foster parents? Have they treated you badly? But then-"

"No, they weren't. You know me, Alexander. I would rather suffer in silence than share my problems. It's not about me. It's... it's about the people I loved wholeheartedly." Tears escaped from his eyes remembering them.

Alec didn't know what to think about. Whom was his boyfriend talking about? "Ex boy.. boyfriends or girl.. friends?"

"No," he sniffed and wiped his nose from the back of his hand. "My... my mother and sister..." He couldn't keep himself up as he talked about them and fell on the floor crying hysterically.

"Babe!" Alec was at his side within the blink of an eye, wrapping him in his arms as he cried on his shoulder. He knew that Magnus was an orphan, so having a family? He was more confused than before.

"Babe, you've told me that you're an orphan, then?"

Magnus lifted his head from his shoulder and looked into his honey hazel eyes that were looking at him worriedly. "There are so many things I have never told you, Alexander." He wiped his eyes then held Alec's hand.