Chapter 2: The Day Two Smiles Shattered

Start from the beginning

Katsuki rolled his eyes. It was clear Bat Wings had a crush on Tsuya but she was way out of his league in Katsuki's opinion.

"No thanks." Tsuya politely declined. Whether she was aware of the crush or not, it's clear that she doesn't want Bat Wings as anything more than a friendly acquaintance too.

"Can't make it either. We're both babysitting tonight." Katsuki grunted. Technically, he and Tsuya didn't have to go at all since Auntie Inko has made it clear that they don't have to come over every single day to babysit but that's never stopped them from coming over anyways.

But tonight was a major exception, especially since Katsuki still has that gut feeling deep inside his gut. He and Tsuya were going over to the Midoriyas today come hell or high water, simple as that.

"You should lighten up, dude." Fingers said.

"Yeah, you guys shouldn't trouble yourselves every night going over to watch someone's brat." Bat Wings said.

Katsuki and Tsuya scowled. "That 'brat' is our baby brother and if say we wanna babysit him, Red and I fu$king will!" he snapped, abruptly standing up, his palms slamming down on the desk with a small explosions, charring the surface of the worn out wood.

"Katsuki." Tsuya said, voice firm, eyes warning. "Watch it, at this rate, the school's budget's gonna crash cuz you can't take care of a simple desk." The words were casual and laid back but Tsuya had a firm hard gripping his wrist.

Katsuki released a long breath and dropped back into his seat. Fingers and Bat Wings wisely chose to go away.

"What the he!l, Tsuki?" Tsuya hissed at him disapprovingly.

"I wasn't gonna blow their faces. Just putting them in their place." He huffed.

"Izu wouldn't approve." She said.

Damn it, she was pulling the Izuku card now.

He scowled at her but she didn't even so much as waver. Knowing she's made her stand, Katsuki decided he didn't have the energy for this. Not after a hard English test and certainly not mid-way through a meal.

"Fine, fine, sorry for snapping. Can we eat now?" he grumbled.

Satisfied, Tsuya went back to eating her panda onigiri while Katsuki ate his spicy teriyaki yakitori.

As Tsuya swallowed the rice and crab filling, she couldn't deny the weight in her stomach was still nestled deep within. Finally, she decided to address it.

"Do you think....Auntie Inko and Izu could be in trouble?" she asked.

He looked at her perplexed. "Why would ask that?" he asked, words carefully picked for once.

She shrugged. "I dunno just....forget it." She sighed. "I think the test is still scrambling our brains is all."

Katsuki nodded and they went back to finishing up their bentos in companionable silence.

(It was the calm before the storm. We saw the signs but still ignored them, how could we have been so naïve?)

^^*************^^

"Tadaima." Katsuki announced as he came home.

"Welcome back, son." His old man, Bakugou Masaru greeted warmly, looking up from the newspaper he was reading. His spiky brown hair was similar to his son's, his glasses and short moustache giving him the perfect image of an average down-to-earth husband/ father.