Chapter 10 (Part 2)

Matthew's POV

I woke up early, eager to make breakfast on my own. Since Mr Anderson was gone, everyone would have to look to me to make breakfast for them, and I'd finally be seen as important!

To my dismay, James was downstairs, frying eggs.

"What are you doing? I'm on breakfast duty!"

"You're helping me with Dinner, I'm helping you with Breakfast. Now there are some sausages in the microwave and there's toast in the toaster, just get them for me"

I huffed but obliged, getting out the sausage and toast and putting them on plates.

James quickly finished the stupid eggs and put them on a plate, too.

We brought them out, setting them on the table for everyone.

We sat down and waited for everyone else.

The first to get there was Kaley, in a... uniform..?

I felt my face heat up, looking away in silence.

Oh my god she's beautiful...

And she's going into an institution full of people who would take advantage of her wearing something like that...

I was utterly speechless, the others sat down and started eating, and of course Erik commented on Kaleys attire.

"Aww, trying to impress your boyfriend?"

My mind paused.

Of course she has a boyfriend, someone like her has to.

"This is my school uniform, idiot" She bit back.

A part of me felt relieved, she didn't have a boyfriend.

But she didn't say that, she said that was her uniform.

I just stayed silent during that and ate until Kaley left, waving goodbye to her as she left.

"Don't worry Matthew, she doesn't have a Boyfriend" Damien patted my back.

"Really? Matthew of course you'd go for the one girl we're supposed to be protecting" James sighed.

"Huh?" Everyone seemed to be confused but James and Damien.

"It's nothing, I'll tell you when the time comes."

The time between Kaley getting back home was hectic, James left to get dinner and Erik went with him, leaving us to have fun.

Sam picked a fight with me, obviously, and I almost won.

We were in the backyard, Damien watching to make sure neither of us severely hurt each other.

I was eager to finally win against Sam and Sam, as always, was eager to prove his dominance once again.

We broke into a fight, Sam used his stupid speed to get an advantage on me, then pushed me onto the ground. But I, being the strong person I am, got up and punched his gut.

He didn't seem hurt but it was still something.

Halfway through the fight, which hadn't progressed at all, James and Erik got home.

Erik started cheering for me out of spite, and James stopped everything and yelled at us for being so immature.

Which made Sam pick a fight with James, it didn't actually escalate into a fight because even though Sam could beat James, I had a feeling he didn't want to.

I must've actually hurt him in some way, but I didn't really know. All I knew was my shoulder hurt.

While James avoided a fight with Sam, Mr Anderson got home. I answered the door and greeted him, he seemed really tired so I didn't pry too much about his trip.