♔4. REPARATIONS

Start from the beginning

I mean...she did look kind of familiar.

I pretended to gasp before I widened my eyes. "Oh my gosh! You are the Ivy Kade. How could I have forgotten?"

  The beautiful blonde's eyes gleam with pride before she claps her hands. "Bermuda, I need you to wipe my seat before I sit..."

   I watch as she walks over to the car which was now surrounded my body guards and a driver. The driver opens a door for her before she slides in with Bermuda, whom I'm guessing is her assistant, following close behind.

My eyes found their way back to Legend who gave me an apologetic look. "You're welcome inside, Ms. Winters."

  With that, I watch as he is escorted inside the flying car by guards. I sigh scratching my scalp with my pencil.

   I hum to myself before taking the pencil and writing my first note of the day.

Overbearing...Girlfriend?

━━༻❁༺━━

    We were 20 minutes into the ride before I found out that our destination was Elefthería square. Elefthería was the capital of the United Pack's of Elefthería. It was home to many businesses including Jusco times, a huge tourist spot, and was a prime backbone of the economy. It was home to the overrule of the union ruling which ended 27 years ago.

Elefthería square was a symbol of change.

   I sat in the back seat watching and not by choice, Ivy pestering Legend for minutes straight whom both were in the seat in front of me.

  I tried to get some questions in but whenever I would start one, Ivy's boisterous voice would beat me to it with exclaims of nonsense.

"Oh my gosh! You have dimples? So cute..." Ivy commented to me.

"T-Thanks..." I muttered.

"What tribe are you from?" Ivy suddenly asks me with curious eyes.

"Tribe?"

"Yeah, like werewolf, vampire, witch? I could go on..."

"I'm human..." I told her bluntly.

She gives me a look and an comment of subtle superiority. "Hmm...that explains a lot."

   I watch as she turned herself back around and I don't hesitate to scratch out my previous note.

Self absorbed and prejudice...girlfriend?

   My body is tossed against my seat as the flying car began to descend from the sky and into rocky landing.

   When we officially landed, Ivy's...dare I say almost nauseating voice boasts once again.

"Baby! Look outside! Look at all those people that are waiting for me—I mean us."

   I couldn't help but roll my eyes. Never in my life have I met someone so filled with self-entitlement and delusion. I always thought influencers such as Ivy Kade were only an outdated stereotype...but she was an authentic living copy.

   I look outside to see the flashing of lights and the screaming audience that were waiting for the Alpha King.

   I watch as Legend turns his head to me before giving me a small almost unnoticeable smile. "I'm here for a children's event but I'm also speaking to the many human elders who live here. It's part of the leaderships 50 year reparation plan.