♔2. TIMBER

"I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed

"I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn't something about you at all. It was just you."
––Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

B r i e l l e W i n t e r s

"Girl, shut up!"

    NOT EVEN DARING to lift my eyes off the paper in front of me, my lips formed an amused smile at my best friend's exclamation.

   I could feel AnnaBeth's hard footsteps pacing back and forth in my office.

"What is it this time?" I question her, still not looking up from my paper.

"Brielle!" She hollers. "Why am I just now finding out that you were chosen to do the feature on—" she stops herself.

   I felt her footsteps come closer to me before she snaps her fingers in my face. I finally meet her crazed brown eyes; her brown hair was pulled into a neat bun and she was wearing that grey metallic jacket she seemed to love so much.

"Legend Blade!" She hollers once again. "You are getting the privilege of seeing The King of Alphas up close!"

"I think you should invest in a new jacket..." I teased her changing the subject.

She narrows her eyes at me before a grin tugs on her lips. "You should invest in a new laptop because who the hell uses paper anymore to write?"

"Call me old school..."

"Bri, it's 2188..."

   I stare at AnnaBeth for a good minute before we both burst out into balls of laughter.

"I'm sorry..." I say once I catch my breath. "I should have told you."

"Yes, you should have. Do you know what a big deal this is? Not just because you're doing a feature on the most powerful man of our time but because you are doing the story." She tells me. " This is the first time in all of Jusco Times a human has ever been assigned a feature this big. You should be so proud of yourself..."