⇉ Chapter Six

One thing I really, really hated were crowded places and something that I could have possibly hated more than that, parties. Nothing could be worse than drunk hormonal idiots trying to push themselves against you and smell like three pigs in a pit.

What was double the worst of it is trying to get out of it, it's like going through thirty eight levels of hell.

So what do you do when you're surrounded by twitchy girls who have been rejected 2845 times and their 39 boyfriends later?

(24th September, Wednesday)

"You have to come with!" Mia said, her hands scanning through all the possible dresses that I've had in my wardrobe for years and never wore.

"I am not going to a place full of drunks," I argued, spinning around in my chair by the window. I enjoyed looking out at the clear sky, I enjoyed nature in general and I was also the type of person who ruined it by smoking. The irony.

"Oh come on, we're going to be there with you," she whined, twirling her hair and then going back to turn my closet into a mess.

"Yeah, right, that's what you always guys say and then I end up standing my the side with a random douche trying to hit on me," I grumbled, narrowing my eyes at her tiny profile.

"Touche."

Two hours later and I am standing in front of that huge red door, the pretty big house and you know, the usual snotty rich kid who throw's the party opens the door and wiggle his eyes, Blah. Blah. That stuff happened.

And of course the pathetic smell of alcohol, puke and sweat greeted us, yes. That too. What didn't happen was me entering in the very gorgeous, but to short red tight dress, because that was something I would never do. I was in my usual attire; black heels, dark blue ripped leggings topped with a dark jean skirt and a black high neck tank.

Like Mia said she's tagging along, do you think she did? Of course not. It's a party, there are boys who in this world needs me right now. I pushed through the laziness and sweaty boys and went up the stairs directly, I didn't even want to risk drinking water in here.

The first room to the right was the one that I picked to sit in after Mia was done and of course, Wendy and Gwen who were possibly going to be in this as well. What a day full of possibilities and probabilities.

"David?" I gasped, as soon as I was inside and the door behind me was shut.

Running over to his side, I placed my palm on his chest, "are you all right?"

He opened his eyes slowly and said, "Yeah, I'm fine," he said, blinking and then looking at me weirdly. Damn, he had pretty long eyelashes. I was jealous.

"I didn't take you as one who would worry," he said, closing his eyes again and crossing his buff arms behind is mop of mousy curls.

"I don't, just don't need murder on my hands. I am already a disappointment to my dad," I grumbled, stretching my legs in front of me and lying on my back right next to him.

"To your dad?" He laughed and then got serious, "your mom would always be by your side, she loves you too much," he said, turning to look at me and smiling a little bit.

"Yeah, right. I don't even want to talk about her." I groaned, turning to the side so that my back faces him.

"Is everything all right at home?" he asked, placing his hand on my shoulder. I stiffened and he took it off.

"Everything's dandy."

"Okay."

It was silent, the only thing that could be heard was our breathing. His deep breaths and shallow intake of air was heavier and louder than mine, it was almost like he was nervous.