⇉ Chapter Thirteen

Making choices is a hell of a big deal in life, you make the wrong one and everything around you crumbles. But the problem is, by the time you realize that you've made the wrong choice, it's already too late.

I was known for making all the bad choices in this existence, I was Alaska Brown for a reason. And I guess, that's what Alaska Brown always does, she makes the wrong choices. I make the wrong choices.

(31st of September, Tuesday)

Just like any other god damn day, I wasn't really up to heading for school, but there was also this one thing I could never break and that's a promise. I promised my dad I wouldn't skip anymore, and now why in the world of crab cakes I did that? I had absolutely no idea whatsoever.

My high tops echoed through the corridor as I walked passed everyone, scowling and growling at every curious expression thrown my way. I hadn't gotten the time to do anything this morning and so me looking different, was something that would travel across really fast in Lindbergh.

I quickly walked into the bathroom and pulled my hair into a high bun, pinning it with a couple of bobby pins and then surfed through my black, leather school bag to fish my studded make up bag. After lining my eyes, and covering my lips with freshness, I walked out of the bathroom like nothing ever happened.

Taking a deep breath, I walked out of the bathroom and straight down the hallway into the classroom.

"Well, well, well. It appears to be you're sure not sugar and spice and everything nice after all."

I rolled my eyes, placing my hand on my hip and with the other, covering a fake yawn, "what do you want?"

"Oh come on, don't act all innocent now, we all now what game you're playing," Laura smirked, her British accent awfully sugary.

"Really and what it is?" I asked, rather amused.

"Don't think we all don't know what you're up to, Alaska. It's sad that David thinks you actually like him. I wonder what happens if he finds out the truth?" she said, turning her head to the side, a fake, sad frown drawing itself onto her face.

"What do you want?" I asked, my eyes narrowing at her slight curved lip as it slowly formed a smirk.

"Whatever do you mean by that?" she smiled, her face turning up in every disgusting way and all of a sudden, the features that one would consider the most beautiful turned into a pathetic mess. Her blonde hair and hazel eyes meant the worst in this world.

"Let's not play games here. What do you really want?"

"Stay away from David."

"What makes you think I'll listen to you?" I asked her, trying to sound braver than I looked.

"You will, you don't want him to know all about your plan, do you?" her voice was so spiteful, I was surprised I wasn't dead by now. I wish I would've been.

"What's in it for you anyway?" I asked, placing my hands on my hip. Trying not to look as scared as I felt.

I didn't know what fear ever really was until I passed through it, or more like, it passed through me. It was a dangerous feeling, one that could make people do anything. One that could make me do anything.

"That doesn't matter. You in?" Her smirk felt sculpted, it's like once it stuck there it was never to leave, and that was rather scary all together.

I wasn't scared of what she could do, I was more scared of how David would react and I couldn't do this to him. I couldn't do anything but get to him first, I have to get to him first and keep Laura distracted.