I wasn't even ready and I knew that Jenny and Jesse would be outside soon. Like ten minutes soon.

What in the world caused Daemon to say what he did? Was he on drugs? Delusional maybe? Or did he watch one too many soap operas and was afraid of losing me, so he threw the beautiful card?

I knew even as I thought it that the last one was never gonna happen, on the account that all Daemon ever watched was ESPN or any sport-related channel.

Did he by any chance lik-

Get your mind out of your daydreams, Marie!!!

Great now I was talking like Jerk Jesse!

As soon as I thought the last thought, my phone exploded with a specific ringtone I'd customized for the devil himself.

I looked at my watch. They must've been downstairs.

"Where are you candy canes?" His voice nearly blew off my ears as soon as I answered the phone.

"Still in my room," I replied.

"What are you waiting for? Christmas?" He asked, before chuckling.

"Very funny Archer!" I said drily. "I'm running late. Go on ahead. I can find my own way to school."

"How? On Santa's sleigh?"

"How original, jackass!" I hung up, not wanting to deal with him right now.

I heard their silver BMW pull out of their driveway and sped down the streets.

My phone dinged, alerting me to a text.

Need a ride?

My eyes widened at Daemon's text.

How did he know I needed one?

I looked out my window, sighing in relief when I noticed his Jaguar not parked anywhere nearby.

I did not need to see him right now. Heck, I didn't wanna see either of them right now.

I rushed to the bathroom, and took the fastest shower ever in my life before putting on the first thing I got my hands on, a pair of black leggings and a crop top.

Then I grabbed my purse, phone and school bag before rushing out of the door, bidding a hasty bye to the parents.

Good work, Santana!

I patted myself on the back on a work well done as I chanced a look down the street again for a black Jaguar.

It would take twenty minutes if I ran to get to school. I immediately regretted the pumps I'd slipped on in my rush. Running was not going to be taking place in these shoes!

Not good Santana!

Home room would be starting in exactly thirty four minutes and if I walked faster than a normal paced walk yet slower than a run I could make it in thirty two and a half minutes. But that would be only if I didn't stop for a breather.

Fifteen minutes in I was sweaty, ankles killing me and exhausted.

My normal daily workout would be the hiking up and down the stairs leading to and from the science labs. It wouldn't include the bike ride and hike to school I was having today.

This was killing me. All the muscles I'd hardly used were screaming out in pain.

Something rumbled from behind me. It sounded like a fast car.

Shit! I concluded.

I could hear the car slow down beside me and stop.

Turning around slowly, I expected to see a black Jaguar.