Chapter #23

Chapter 23

~Alitha~

The next morning, I felt antsy. I couldn't put my finger on it. My skin felt sensitive, too. Forcing myself to act normal, I got dressed and headed downstairs ... only to feel the instinctual need to leave. My steps slowed as I drew closer to the door.

I felt oddly light as I walked toward it; my hand was out, grasping the doorknob tightly. I slowly turned it until it clicked. The sound echoed in my ears like a gong. Taking a deep breath, I opened the door, a slow creaking adding to the heavy environment.

The sun was bright, and the birds chirped, but my eyes didn't see any of that. No, I stared at the familiar red Maserati parked across the street, and the intimidating male who leaned against it. His tall form stood out in the suburban neighborhood. His leather jacket, combined with his dark wash jeans and clean, white turtleneck seemed chic. His arms were crossed, and his quicksilver eyes met my stare head onchallenging, daring.

I tightened my grasp on the doorknob.

"Ali?"

I whipped around in surprise.

"Whoa!" My mother studied me with wary surprise. "Are you okay?" Her gaze bounced from me to the door. "Is there someone outside?"

"No," I shut the door sharply, "no one's out there. I just wanted to breathe in the air. When are we leaving?"

She gave me a look, the one parents give when they know you're keeping something from them, but they know you're an adult, and can now solve your own issues. Her eyes moved to the clock on the wall. "In like fifteen, we'll head to the store. Hurry up and get some breakfast. Once you and Phina are ready, let's go."

I nodded and walked away from the door ... only to pause and glance back at it. Narrowing my eyes, I couldn't help smirking. I guess they had called my bluff.

I guess it's my turn.

With that thought I headed toward the kitchen.

~Arold~

Just a glimpse of Mine had my mouth watering. Her body was encased in a little yellow number that looked amazing against her brown skin. Her lips glistened from that girly shit woman put on their lips. That shit was like a fucking dare.

How long and fucking hard did I have to kiss her to make it rub off?

Feeling my phone buzz, I answered. "Found her."

"Of course you did." Ciar's voice was as sure as always. "I texted her, but I want you to do something for me."

I turned away from the house across the street and started walking to the driver's side of the car. "What?"

"Some boys have been sharing their block with the hoods. I don't think they understand anything they make is ours. They get rent, we get rent. They sell weed, guns, or even names, it's ours. So, since you're out ... go take care of it."

"Yeah."

Hanging up, I got in, and without looking back I drove off.

Whipping out of the neighborhood, I thought over how I would take her first. My dick had been in a permanent half-hard position. It made me want to break that fucker Cole's neck.

But Ciar had told me to back off.

My fingers tightened on the wheel. I would ... for now. But if I ever saw that man again, I would do worse than throw him down some fucking stairs.