Chapter #11

Chapter 11

Chapter 11

~Alitha~

The next night, I endured Phina's questioning.

"Are you sure you should go back?" Phina asked me as she watched me getting ready for work. Her brow was creased as she chewed her bottom lip. "There is obviously something wrong, Ali. They can't fall in love if they're twins."

I scoffed as I brushed my hair up. "That's debatable."

She rolled her eyes at me. "Yeah, but neither look like bottoms to me."

"You may have a point," I said as I pinned my hair in place. Slowly lowering my hands, I inwardly let out a woot of success. "Either way, I'm not going to miss out on work because of them." I turned in my chair to look at her. "One, it would look like I'm a coward, and two, I need the money for the trip you forced me to say yes to."

"Because you need to do something, anything, other than studying and going to school!" she huffed, crossing her arms. "It's not fair that you're living such a boring lifetime. You should be enjoying yourself ... especially when it's all going to repeat again anyway."

"And what if it doesn't?" I asked. "What if this is the last one for me?"

She narrowed her eyes on me. "Ali? You didn't do something you shouldn't, did you?"

I shook my head, rising from my chair and walking over to my bed to grab my purse. "No, but I was just wondering if this was my last life, would I want to be remembered as an earnest, good person, or someone who just partied and had a good time?"

"Fine! Live nobly!"

I laughed as I walked out. "I sure will." As soon as the door shut behind me, my smile disappeared.

Phina would be angry with me, but she would understand my choice.

I ran down the steps. Ignoring the garage exit, I stepped out onto the street. The dizzying noise of the city circled me as I made my way to my job. I needed to know what had happened, but to do that, I would have to contact my mother, the same woman who'd given me this fate.

While many women had daddy issues, I had mommy issues. It was worse when your mother was a goddess, accustomed to getting her way.

Stopping at the crosswalk, I watched as a few teens passed, all chattering excitedly about some movie they were going to see. For them, life was just starting, even though they'd been them a hundred times before.

Hearing the countdown for crossing, I quickly ran across.

Jumping onto the other sidewalk, I continued. Visiting Hades had taken stabbing myself with an old blade. To see mother and break through the barrier between here and the Olympian realm would take time. The time I didn't have.