"Your nails are stunning." She reached out and grabbed my left hand, examining the bright red acrylics with long tips.

"Honestly, I hate them." I sighed, before turning into Honeys back entrance driving slow to the front. "I figured I'd be seeing Marcello here tonight, so I wanted to be at my best."

"Did you get a wax too?" She leaned forward in her seat to examine me.

"Yeah, same ol' Brazillian. Nothing new." The coke was kicking in, making my ears hot and my heart race. Only heightening my anxiety as I counted the number of expensive cars in the lot. "Candy, look."

Shiny black Escalades parked in neat rows.

She leaned in closer to my lap, squinting her eyes to see through the lace in my thong. "What am I looking at?"

"Not my vag, dummy, look at all of the cars." I pointed out at the sight before us.

Daddy was here.

Which would mean Marcello is as well.

"One more bump, girl. We can do this." Candy wore a radiant smile, shining colorfully with her outstretched hand holding out the baggie.

We could do it, but it won't be an easy time.

Inside those doors awaited a whole new atmosphere that Candy and I were not fully accustomed to. Instead of the stench of spilled liquor, the room was fragrant with musky cologne and tobacco. Honey's was packed with classy men in sleek suits mingling amongst each other. Pinkys decorated with large gold rings held up to the air as they sipped the expensive liquor.

Candy and I slipped past the groups of men and headed to the dressing rooms, our hands held together tightly. We both knew that the looks of this were quite worrisome, staying together was our best hope. There were only a select few of us girls here, and we were all claimed to be Daddy's property.

"Ladies," Vic said behind us, setting his hand down on my shoulder. "Set your bags down and go to the lounge."

Candy and I met eyes, blinking rapidly with our feathered eyelashes. We slowly did as we were asked and followed Vic back through the club, stopping just outside of the mingling crowd of men.

"What's going on, Vic?" Candy asked, blowing a bubble with her gum and popping it loudly.

Vic held his gaze firm at the crowd before us. Crossing his arms in front of him, he assumed a hard stance. "Wait."

I stood still, tearing the crowd apart for any sign of Marcello. There was no way he wouldn't be here, all of Daddy's men were dressed like it was a special occasion, and there is no way he would miss that.

So what is this special occasion?

"Alright gentleman," That voice sent my nerves into full panic. Like electricity and water, I was jolted awake. The high from the cocaine was nothing compared to this feeling. The feeling of fear as I waited for the next words out of Marcello's mouth.

"Bri-" Candy started before silently grabbing my hand and turning her gaze back out to the crowd.

"Please," My eyes finally found him, holding a short glass of amber liquid in his hand, and a charming smile on his evil face. "Make yourselves comfortable. Tonight, we celebrate."

Celebrate what exactly?

Marcello summoned us over. Shouting a long string of Spanish curses out past the crowd to catch Vic's attention.

I gripped Candy's hand, my nails cutting into her skin as I tried to regain control of myself. With the way her knuckles turned white, it was hard to tell who was squeezing harder.