Chapter 26

Chapter 26:

-Alexis' POV-

///2 weeks later///

"Lex?" I hear Phoenixx say. I turn around and see her standing in the doorway of the ICU room. I let go of Luke's hand and run over to her. I hug her tightly and start to cry into her shoulder. It's been two weeks since Luke went into his coma. I've been here by his side for the pass two weeks hoping he'll wake up. The twins aren't even allowed to see him because they're too young. I'm not even allowed to be in here since I'm not immediate family, but the doctors and nurses let me back her since I'm his girlfriend. "How in the world did they let you back here? I'm lucky I'm allowed to back here." I say as I break the hug between us. "I'm only allowed 20 minutes then I have to leave." "I just really want him to wake up." I say as I walk back over to Luke and sit back down next to him. I grab his hand and Phoenixx walks over to me. "Do the doctors have any idea when he will wake up?" "No, it could be months Phoenixx." I say as tears start to fall down my cheeks again. "It'll be okay Lex." Phoenixx says as she sits down next me. I look at her and sigh. Her wedding is next week and I've came to the decision that I'm not gonna be able to be in it. I'm her maid of honor but I don't know what to leave Luke's side. I was hoping he'd wake up by now so I could be in it but he hasn't. I don't know how I'm gonna tell her. She's my best friend and I don't want her to be mad. "Phoenixx, I gotta tell you something.." "Are you pregnant again?" "Hell no." "Then what is it?" "I'm not gonna be able to be in your wedding next week.." "What..." She says looking at me as she stands up. I can tell by the look in her eyes that she's upset. "I'm sorry Phoenixx, but I just can't leave Luke's side. I want to be the first person he sees when he wakes up. I'm sorry.." "Alexis you're my maid of honor.." "Believe me Phoenixx, I want to be in your wedding but I just can't leave his side." I say as i start to feel tears fall down my left cheek. I feel horrible that I'm doing this to her. "I want my best friend in my wedding.." "Have Lauren be your maid of honor instead then, you've known her longer than me." "So? Alexis you've been there for me for the past 6 years and I've been there for you! Who was there for you when you had your knee surgery and you couldn't walk for almost 2 weeks. Not Luke! ME! Just because he's in a coma really doesn't mean you should just skip my wedding." Phoenixx screams at the top of her lungs. The look on her face tells me she regrets what she says but she doesn't apologize she just starts to cry. I can't believe this happening. "I'm sorry Phoenixx, I really want to be there. But,I really also want be here for Luke!" "BUT IM YOUR FUCKING BEST FRIEND ALEXIS!!!!" She screams even louder. I let go of Luke's hand and stand up. I walk closer to her and then look at her dead in the eyes. "AND HES MY FUCKING BOYFRIEND AND THE FATHER OF MY TWO CHILDREN!!!!! I NEED TO BE HERE NEXT TO HIM!! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH HE MEANS TO ME PHOENIXX!!!!!! I NEED TO FUCKING STAY! DONT YOU THINK I WANT TO GO! OF COURSE I DO!! BUT I NEED TO BE HERE!!" I scream even louder at her. She looks at me and then says something I never thought she would say. "YOU KNOW WHAT ALEXIS?! I HOPE LUKE NEVER WAKES UP!!!!!!!!" She screams right into my face. Tears starts to fall faster down my cheeks. Did she really just say that to me? I can't believe this is happening right now, she's my best friend. We've never got into a fight this bad before. "Alexis... I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to say that..." She says as she goes to hug me but I move her arms away from me. "DONT TOUCH ME!!!!!!!!!!" "Alexis I'm sorry.. Please forgive me I'm just upset and stress, I honestly don't mean that. I hope he does wake up. I'm sorry." "GO AWAY!" I scream as I run over back to Luke. "Lex please.." She says but I ignore her. I hear her sigh loudly and then leaves. I sit back down and grab Luke's hand again. I then start to cry even harder. Why is this all happening to me. "Please wake up Luke.." I whisper to him as I squeeze his hand.