chapter 37

chapter 37:

-Alexis' POV-

-2 months later-

"Alexis, is that you?" I hear a man say as he walks over the table I'm sitting at. That man is my biological father. 2 weeks ago, I got a call from my biological father. I have never ever talked to him before, hell I didn't even know his name. I didn't even know he existed until 4 years ago. I always thought the man who raised me was my dad, but nope, he was just my step father. Anyway, he said he wanted to meet up and talk. Which I don't understand why he waited 22 fucking years to contact me. "Yes." I say quietly. I'm nervous for this and I don't know why. Oh wait, yes I do. He left my mom when he found out she was pregnant with me. "You probably have a lot of questions." "Why are you just now contacting me? I'm 22 years old." I blurt out. He awkwardly smiles at me and sighs at the same time. "Alexis, I didn't even know you existed until 2 years ago." He says and my eyes widen. What? He didn't know I existed? "What? my mom says you left her as soon as she told you she was pregnant." "Your mom moved to America without telling me, she never told me she was pregnant. One day I went to her house and she was gone. I moved to America for my wife's job about 4 years ago. I ran into your mom at a store and she ran away from me real fast. It wasn't until 2 years ago when she told me I had a daughter." he says and my eyes widen. I believe him, my mom did tell me about him four years ago, maybe she was nervous her secret would come out. "But, why didn't you try to contact me two years ago? Why now?" "I didn't know your name, until now." "How did you find out my name? My mom?" "She wouldn't tell me. You see, my niece who's 15 is obsessed with your fiancés band. he showed me a picture of you and him and you look so much like me. I then started to research you. That sounds stalkerish, but I wanted you to know the truth.  I wanted to know my daughter. I missed 22 years of your life because your mother didn't tell me I had a daughter." He says and I can tell he's telling the truth. Having 2 four year olds who are in the lying stage is very helpful. I can tell if somebody is lying and he's obviously not lying. "My mother is an evil bitch," I begin to say and he looks at me. "Before you say don't call her that, let me explain." I say and he smiles. "Go ahead." "If you don't know, I have twins. I had them pretty young, I was 17 when I got pregnant with them. My mom kicked me out of the house so I moved in with Luke, everything was fine. Until I was 8 months pregnant, she wanted me to come home because she thought Luke would leave me. She said just like you left her. That's how I found out about you. We didn't talk for almost two years." "Are you guys talking now?" He says and I shake my head. "I mean, we did for a little bit but then I went to France, got engaged to Luke, and kinda got pregnant again. She was pissed. She can't stand Luke and I don't know why." "Well, does she like your kids?" "Loves them." I say having an awkward smile on my face. "How old are they?" "Four." I say smiling. I'm glad he's asking about my kids. I was afraid he'd just ask about me or talk about himself. I actually like him. He's about to say something but my phone goes off. I ignore it but it keeps going off. I look down and see its Luke. "Hold on one second." I say as I answer my phone.

"hello?"

"alexis you need to come to the hospital now."

"why?"

"there's been an accident."