Chapter Forty: Victory Kisses for the Birthday Boy

James's PoV:

"James," a sweet voice whispered in my ear. I rolled over in my bed. "James," the voice whispered again, dragging out the 'a' in my name. I rolled back over to try to avoid waking up. Whoever was there rolled me so I was on my back and I felt a weight on my waist. I felt someone's soft lips press a kiss to my own. I knew exactly who it was in that moment. I would never forget the feeling of her lips on mine. I pulled back and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"What time is it, Lils?" I asked. My voice sounded groggy.

"Midnight- er, 12:01 now," Lily muttered.

"And why are you in here straddling me and kissing me at this hour?" I questioned.

"Because I wanted to be the first person to wish you a happy birthday and to give you a present," Lily answered. She leaned down and started to plant kisses along my jawline. I had forgotten my own birthday... then again, it was pretty late (early?) and I was tired. Well, I wasn't tired anymore. Lily had moved her lips to my neck.

"Thank you love." Lily hummed in appreciation and continued peppering kisses on my neck. "What would this present be?" I wondered aloud.

"Breakfast doesn't start for over six hours and I'm here as long as you want me to be," she said.

Lily stopped kissed me and sat up. I didn't have any lights on but my eyes were slowly adjusting to the darkness. I could see Lily hovering over me. She was wearing one of my uniform button down shirts and one of her ties. The necklace that I gifted her for Christmas was resting delicately on her neck. She had small gold studs on too. As I continues to take in her appearance and adjust to the low light, I realized that Lily was not wearing any pants.

"So I get to have my way with you for a long time," I said.

"That or you could sit back and let me do the work. It's your choice," Lily offered.

"Hmmm... Let's see what you can do, Evans," I replied.

I saw Lily's lips curl into a smirk before she kissed me. Hard. I kissed back. I moved my hands to cup her face to deepen the kiss. Lily had other plans. She grabbed my wrists and pinned them to the bed on either side of my head. She smiled into the kiss. I was surprised by that. As we continued, I let everything happen according to her plans without much resistance.

Lily moved down to suck and nibble on my sweet spot: the space between my earlobe and mandible. I sucked in a breath. I did not want to make any noise this early in the game. She did this for a long time, ensuring that I'd have a hickey there. She trailed down my neck to the top of the t-shirt that I decided to sleep in. Lily growled. Growled.

"That won't due," she muttered to herself. She let go of my wrists and grabbed the hem of my shirt. I let my hands cover hers and pulled it off for her. "Much better," she said triumphantly.

Lily lightly kissed the hickey she left and peppered kisses down my neck and out to my shoulder. I shifted underneath her. I remembered that my hands were free so I snaked them around her waist. Her hands reached back and took my own pushing them back so that I was no longer holding her. This time, Lily pinned both of my hands above my head with one hand while the other pulled my chin up to make our lips connect in another breathy kiss.

I felt her tongue enter my mouth and we fought for dominance. Lily ended up winning. This seemed to make her happy. After a while, she pulled away and started to kiss my chest. She kissed all the way down my torso to the hem of my pajama pants. She had stopped straddling me when she started kissing my chest. She had moved to that she could kiss my hip and leave a hickey there as well. She had to let got of my hands to do this. At this point, I gave in. I let out a quiet moan. She sat up and looked at me through her long, thick eyelashes.