Chapter Thirty-Three: The Hole

James's PoV:

"-off of his broom before. He'll be fine."

"He's never fallen that far before..."

"Not helping!"

"Sorry."

"It's alright. It's not like you're wrong. I just don't want to lose him too, ya know?"

"You're not going to lose him. Poppy said that he should wake up s-"

"She said he would wake up yesterday!"

"Calm down, L-"

"NO I WILL NOT CALM DOWN! JAMES IS CURRENTLY UNCONSCIOUS WITH A BROKEN ARM BECAUSE HE FELL 25 METERS DURING A QUIDDITCH MATCH THAT I TOLD HIM NOT TO BACK OUT OF! It's my fault he's hurt..."

"He wasn't planning to back out anyway. It's not your fault."

"James will think it's my fault."

"You mean James 'I Dream of Shagging Lily Evans' Potter? Yeah, I think you're safe."

"Sirius! Now is not the time!"

"I'm going to take a quick walk to the library and back. Someone come and get me if he wakes up."

"I'd say I'm sorry but I'm not. And I'm not wrong either!"

"Merlin's ball sack, Padfoot."

"What?"

"She's stressed enough as it is! Plus, they've made the decision to wait for marriage. That's what her parents wanted. Besides, I don't think that James ever had a dream about shagging Lily, so you are wrong."

"I'm never wrong!"

"Padfoot, you're almost always wrong," I said. I groaned and moved a little. I opened my eyes and saw a bunch of people crowded around me with worried faces.

"Oh thank Merlin," everyone sighed.

"How're you feeling, Cap?" Amy Walker asked.

"I'm fine, I guess. A little sore," I replied.

"You has us all worried, mate," Peter stated.

"Sorry, guys," I apologized. "Wait, did we win?"

"You've been awake for less than five minutes and the first thing you ask is if we won?" Remus asked incredulously.

"Well, yeah. What else was I supposed to ask?"

"I don't know, James. Maybe 'Gee whizz! Why the hell am I in the hospital wing?'" Alice said sarcastically.

"Or perhaps 'Why the fuck is my arm broken?'" George Lavenham added. His Scottish accent really showed when he was being facetious.

"Those are important I guess, but no one has answered my question yet," I said.

"No, we lost by 150 points. We were tied until they caught the snitch. After you were knocked out, the game was stopped to allow time to get you to the Hospital Wing. When we got back, the snitch had obviously moved. Walker here made a mad dive for it but the other seeker was closer and got to it first," Marlene explained.

"Sorry, James," Amy said.

"No need to apologize. The conditions were bad and your captain got knocked out of the sky," I consoled. "Bloody hell I won't get my victory kisses!"

"I'm sure Lily would be very happy to kiss you at thi-"

"Where is she?" I asked.

"She went for a walk. I'll go get her," Marlene said. She sprinted out of the hospital wing and the rest of the team and my friends chatted. After only five minutes, the doors burst open and I saw my slightly out of breath and... furious(?) girlfriend marching towards me. Marlene came in shortly after, panting and looking worried.