9.Paradise Can Be On Earth

Start from the beginning

"For once. I'm glad I packed an extra helmet."

With one quick move he got on, gradually starting the engine while she swiveled around behind him. She wrapped her arms around his waist and held firmly but was hesitant if she should lean into him, knowing how fast the bike went she leaned to him and there was almost no space between them. Jace seem comfortable with it and a look of satisfaction formed on his face, expressed by the slight curves at the corners of his mouth. He seemed complete at that very moment. It was something he had never experienced before but he seemed fond of it.

Jace pov

"Hold on tight, it's going to be a bumpy ride."

"Jace come on, I know my bike like nobody else. Which means I know it's speed limits." A giggle rolled out of her like the waves of a large, shallow beach. Never have I heard that sound come out of her but it brightened everything around her.

"You may know your bike but I bet you don't know it as well off road." I condoned her knowledge.

"Idris barely has any roads anyway, the only ones are in Alicante. So yeah, I do know my motorbike."

"How about through the forest?" I continued to encourage.

"We're going through the forest? And you're sure you are not planning on kidnapping me or murdering me?"

"Well it would be your problem with trusting but as far as I know I'm not a psychopath or a serial killer. Who knows maybe you would be my first victim."

"Awww thank you, I am honoured."

"We're here."

"This is where you want to tie me up and sacrifice me."

"The place is right around the giant trees to your left. Close your eyes and I will lead you the way."

"Why?"

"Do you really believe I am that deceptive and unreliable?"

"No, I trust you. I don't know why but I always did."

"Really, because when we first met you thought I was stupid and an imbecile? So what got you all warmed up to me?"

"OK first of all I did not call you an imbecile, I thought you were idiotic and egotistical but I never called you that and second I may be more fond of you but I am far from soft about you."

"Ah yes, I forgot the ice queen has barred herself from emotions."

"Ice queen?"

"Yes, but I can see through your suppressed- from-emotions-self and see that you can be tender perhaps even a little affectionate. Now close your eyes. I promise I won't let you fall."

"Alright lead the way Prince charming." She shut her eyes and darkness overcame even more so than it did already. Clary seemed to feel protected as my arms wrapped around her. It was almost as if I was guarding her but I knew she was not dependent whatsoever. I guided her along the rocky path, through all the woodland.

"You are not disagreeing with me?"

"About my more loving and considerate side? A little bit shows at certain times but I wouldn't say I am one to show it too much and even if I do it's only with certain people."

"So I've noticed. We're here, you can open your eyes."

"Ohhh my..."

"You like it?"

"It's one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen."

She was right, the place was beautiful. It was secluded and almost like it's own secret garden. The immense trees, which reached up such heights that they made you feel like an ant were the ones that sheltered this small section of the forest. The grass was even and was silky smooth to the touch tempting you to walk bare foot. The flowers were diverse and evenly spread across the sea of green adding a pop of colour everywhere you look. Some of the flowers that majestically bloomed around in no particular pattern included: violet blossoms, moonflowers, angel's trumpets, four o'clocks, curiously enough wolfsbane and several others. Vines delicately rapped around the tree trunks, their buds flourishing. Above all else the indigo sky, which instead of being pitch black had hints of purple and indigo, which contrasted perfectly with the efflorescence. The stars and the moon were a raidiat white/silver and illuminated everything under it's gleaming light and the flowers seemed to reflect the glow as if they were witchlights. Overall the place was so dazzling that it felt like it's own heaven.