Chapter 13-Love Bomb

Where...a pair of ruby red eyes looked at the ceiling above, it was made of an unfamiliar tile that they have only seen in their school. Where am I? The owner of the eyes thought as they looked downwards, the rhythmic beeping of machinery echoed through the enclosed space. Multiple posters filled with various medicinal info lined the walls in front of the formless owner who focused their gaze onto a new sound that entered the room. They watched as an unfamiliar old lady slowly shuffled into the room from what looked to be the main entrance to the chamber. A brown haired teenager followed closely behind her as they made their way closer to the owner of the eyes, "don't say that I didn't warn you dearie. He's hanging in there..." the brown haired teen walked ahead of the old lady and stood directly above the pair of eyes, "but not by much." The owner of the eyes tiredly shut them as the girl above him spoke, "Katsuki, are you awake?" They locked eyes for a moment before she turned to face the other way, "how are your arms feeling Izuku?" "Not too bad, Uraraka-San," he chuckled, "can't move them though." She scratched the back of her head, "I still can't believe you fought with that creature that beat Katsuki-Kun...speaking of which, is it true?" Katsuki tried to move his head to the right, but something tight around his neck was preventing movement. "That he doesn't have a right arm anymore? Yeah...though I'll try my hardest to fix that."

        Katsuki's bleeding red eyes strained, "my arm is what?" He hoarsely whispered, his throat burnt with pain from how dry it was, "Katsuki! You're awake!" Ochako cried out as she quickly turned on her heel, "what happened to my right arm?" He asked, "it had to be amputated, every bone was reduced to a fine powder during your fight with the Nomu," Izuku spoke up. Katsuki tuned him out as he continued to speak, only interested on how damaged his arm was, "that bird creature took...my arm?" The arm was amputated directly below his shoulder socket, meaning that the thing simply grabbed him and took his arm. He tried to move the flesh that was left in the stead of his arm, but couldn't do much with it, "yeah...if only I'd been there sooner...I'm sorry, Katsuki." Guilt overtook Izuku as he looked over at his friend, he couldn't help but blame himself for what happened. "You've got to be fucking kidding me," was all Katsuki said before slumping back down into his bed, depression settled in like the autumn breeze that turned into a winter blizzard. "I-if you want, Kacchan, as soon as I can use my arms I can make you a new one. What do you say about that?" He covered his eyes with the remaining elbow he had, "don't get my hopes up." Izuku sighed before calmly stating, "I believe in my abilities with my life...and I believe that I can make you your own arm, Katsuki. I promise...and if I can't, then I'll quit school like you wanted me to." He raised his arm to the sky, "I don't care what you do, just as long as you stay true to your word." His red eyes unfocused as a phantom image of his right arm appeared, "all I want is to be able to grab onto my future with two steady hands."

•••••••••

        It had been two weeks since Izuku was released from the infirmary, leaving Katsuki with only his thoughts and occasionally Ochako. Today was a day that she promised that she'd visit after class, but the bell had rung fifty minutes ago and she wasn't there by his side. "I should've known it was too good to be true," he bitterly spoke as he stared out of the window. The lone tree that sat in the courtyard had leaves that were starting to turn brown, some even looked like they were rotting. "I don't even know why she'd visit me, it's not like she would harbor the same feelings for me as I do for her." He said in a low, but harsh, whisper; a familiar knock on the wood door to the room made him jump a bit. "Come in," he instinctively said, the muscle memory he built up from the repeated visits Ochako blessed him with, caused him to reply in a heartbeat. "Sorry I'm absurdly late, Katsuki, I had to get something first," she said before crossing through the door of the room. "What'd you have to get?" He calmly asked, the rage in his body had been dormant since he woke up from his coma. "Well Izuku asked me to pick something up from him so I had to go there," she walked into the room with a beaming smile. The pure white color of her teeth seemed brighter than the lights in the room, "is that...?" She nodded, her brown hair bobbing up and down with each movement, "yeah! It's your new arm," she walked over and placed a small box on the table next to him, "plus some chocolate to celebrate."