Chapter 4-Come Hell or High Water + Small A/N

Izuku and Ochako walked side by side, the building of U.A looming over them. Izuku had his hands in his pockets in order to hide their horrid shaking from the world. Though it was ineffective as it only made it look like his legs were vibrating. "I don't think I can go through with this," she said, a small tint of fear was in her voice. "You can; trust in that ability of yours," Izuku spoke. "You're just doubting yourself without a good reason." She looked at him, "what do you mean by that?" Izuku scratched the back of his neck as they crossed through the gate, "well it's pretty obvious. Both you and I know that you've been training non-stop since we met," Izuku put his hand back in his pocket. "It's only logical for you to believe in your abilities to their fullest extent. Instead you're just underestimating you're abilities for no reason. Just believe in your abilities for you have nothing to fear, not even fear itself."

        Izuku sighed as they stopped in front of the door, "anyways, this is probably where we part ways for now. Regardless, can you promise me something?" Uraraka, still dazed from his amazing rallying speech, nodded, "of course, what is it?" "Come hell or high water we will pass our respective exams and go to school together. Even if we won't be in the same class, it would obviously make us both feel better going into it with a friend." Uraraka smiled, "yeah...yeah, let's do it!" She held out her hand, so Izuku extended his own and shook it, "we got this." He said cooly, "we got this!" She echoed, they broke the handshake and walked through the door, entering the atrium of the school. Standing in the middle of the room was a sign, pouting out which directions you had to go for whatever test. To the left were the hero exams; to the right, the general and management exams. Straight ahead, however, was Izuku's destination, the support exams.

        "Well, I'll see you when I'm done," Izuku said to Uraraka as he held up a peace sign. He could feel the metal brace grind up against his skin as he took each individual step. He couldn't say it was a horrible device, but he could say that it worked all too well. Seeing as he could feel everything in his legs, and feel even more with the increased strength stemming from the power of his heartbeat. Izuku turned right down the hallway, in front of him were a set of double doors. They were closed, so he walked over to them and opened them. The room was filled with people and desks; judging that it wasn't as tightly packed as a can of sardines, there was about a hundred or so teenagers in here. Izuku sighed before walking in, "the exams are supposed to start at 10:00." He took his phone out of his pocket, "it's 9:50...well that's ten minutes I'll never get back. Might as well rest my legs a bit, don't want to put too much pressure on them."

Izuku quickly looked for an empty chair and found one near the back wall. He walked over to it and sat down; he sat back in his chair and would appreciate the rest. He'd been standing for two hours, leaving him unsure whether he could stand any longer after his legs had atrophied so much. But nonetheless, he could still stand, and he would take advantage of them as much as he could. Still, he had to take a rest from time to time or something unbeknownst to him could occur. And right now was the perfect chance, seeing as the exams weren't starting, nor did he have anyone to talk to. However, he would have something to do when an abrupt stabbing pain made itself apparent in his right leg. "Ow, why?" He brought his leg up to his chest and rolled his pant leg up. A small streak of blood was running down his leg from a tiny hole that was fresh, something that looked like a tiny nail caused it.

        "Where did this come from?" Izuku shook his head, "dammit, I need to patch this up or my blood might mess the machine up." He brought his forearm to his mouth and bit down on the fabric of his long sleeve shirt and tore it away. He held the fabric in his mouth before loosening the restraints on his leg. Once they were slackened enough he brought the fabric around the wound and tightly tied it up. Surely it'd stop bleeding soon he hoped as he redid the restraints on his leg. "Let's hope that holds," he waited a moment, watching his leg the entire time. A small red spot began to grow, so he sighed and rolled his pant leg up...again. "Damn," Izuku needed something, a coagulant, to stop the bleeding, but he had nothing like that on him. "Guess I'll just bleed for a bit," he placed his hand on the wound, it staunched the blood flow a bit. "Now just gotta wait for the test...in this position...for who knows how long..." he sighed and lowered his head until it hit the desk with a defeated thump.