※ I Promise... ※

Start from the beginning

The others know about Killer's situation so they had tried to make Killer's remaining days happy, fun and memorable by reminiscing on the happy memories they've spent together with their dear friend. Nightmare, Color, Cross, and Outer were the one who were very much affected as Killer meant a lot to them.

Both knew that there wasn't any way to stop it so they might as well spend time with each other while there's still time left...

Nightmare felt a tear run down his cheek as he gripped onto Killer's hand tighter as he trembled more. Killer felt it and frowned. "Nighty..? Are you okay...?"

Oh how Nightmare hated seeing him like this ; his fragile body with patterns of yellow blooming buttercups growing around them, on both his wrists, his spine, his rib cage, his neck, his face, his eye sockets... Nightmare's soul hurt just by seeing the state Killer is in. He knows that he is going to be gone soon but he refuses to let him go just yet.

Killer got worried when he didn't hear his lover respond and with the little strength he had, squeezed the other's hand a bit.

Nightmare let out a sob. He couldn't lose him. He just can't. He quickly pulled Killer into a hug and held onto him, afraid as if he would finally turn into the yellow flowers in his arms right now. "I-I don't want to l-lose you... I just can't ! I-I don't want to lose the love of my love just yet...!" Nightmare cried out as he held his Queen tightly in his arms, not wanting to let him go.

Killer sighed sadly, rubbing small circles on the taller's back. This wasn't the first or the second time Nightmare had acted like this. It was quite impossible to calm him down like this. But they both knew that there was no other way to reverse it.

Nightmare continued to sob onto Killer's shoulder, refusing to let him go even just for a second. Killer was his Queen, the light in his darkness, and if he were to die, it would all be gone and he would be back in the darkness of the void he grew up living in.

Killer hugged him a bit tighter, his own tears starting to roll down his flower-covered eye sockets. "Shhhh... Calm down... I'm not going anywhere... I'll always be with you..." Killer whispered as Nightmare held him tighter, careful to not hurt or suffocate him.

Killer slowly pulled away just a bit and brought his hands up to cup Nightmare's cheeks. Even if Killer couldn't see him, he can tell that Nightmare's face was a complete mess of tears. "Can we go to the garden Nighty ? I miss the fresh air and the scents of the flowers and plants there..." The smaller asked with a small smile, wiping the excess tears away on Nightmare's face.

Nightmare was about to decline, knowing how Science told him to keep Killer in bed rest but seeing the small pleading smile on Killer's face didn't allow him to say no. He grabbed Killer's hands that were still on his face and nodded slowly, making Killer smile even wider now.

"O-Okay..." Nightmare's right arm secured Killer's back while his left arm went under both of Killer's legs, his tentacles securing him in his hold and he teleported the both of them to the center of the castle garden.

Nightmare sat down on the green grass with Killer on his lap, bring held securely by his arms and tentacles. Killer turned his skull in different directions, inhaling the fresh air and the flowery scent of the flowers of the garden. Oh how he wished to see them one last time.

Nightmare chuckled a bit at how observant Killer was being and leaned down a bit to kiss the smaller's cheek, making Killer blush a bit and giggle cutely.

"Do you remember that this was where I thought you to make your first ever flower crowns ?" Nightmare asked and Killer nodded.

"Yeah, I had a bit trouble with the roses back then." Both laughed as they recalled the memory when Nightmare had taught Killer to make a flower crown back then. The two started to talk about their shared moments and memories with wav other, laughing together at the funny ones.

Killer felt his body getting weaker by now, so he grabbed Nightmare's hand and gently squeezed it. "I know you don't want me to go just yet, and that I don't want to either, but fate has chosen this already... Can you promise me that you won't be sad when I'm gone ?"

Nightmare hugged Killer close. "I-I-... K-Kills-?!" Killer leaned onto Nightmare's chest, feeling his body get even more weaker but he still looked up at Nightmare. "Promise...me... Nighty..."

Nightmare felt terrified and scared. It wasn't time yet ! He still isn't convinced of letting him go just yet ! But the tone in Killer's voice... how weak he sounded... how desperate he was to keep his promise... he couldn't let him die without getting an answer...

Nightmare inhaled a shaky breath as the tears started to fall once again and looked at his Queen, his dying flower and squeezed his hand back.

"I... I promise... I l-love you so much Killer..." He sobbed out as he leaned down and kiss Killer's teeth with passion.

Killer gave him a weak smile and whispered, "I love you too... Nighty..." He took one last breath before going limp in Nightmare's arms. Not even a second later, his body slowly turned into thousands of yellow buttercups, leaving only Killer's jacket in Nightmare's hands.

Nightmare carefully grabbed the article of clothing his beloved Queen left behind and hugged it tightly, tears streaming down his face as the goop washed away from his body, leaving him in his Passive form. The one form his brother and Killer have only seen.

"D-Don't worry Killer..." He said in between sobs, caressing the yellow flowers in his hands. "I'll promise I'll try to be happy for you..."

"I promise..."

{ Okay, I seriously think that there's something wrong with me- Its not normal for me to write this much angst and I'm not even sad or depressed so
W H Y HSJSHSHSHBSBSVSSV-

I'm sorry, don't worry, next oneshots are gonna be happy I promise ;w;

- Kawaii ♡ }