※ I Promise... ※

Picture above by : Killermare4Life

Inspired by : Blue_Fluff_Ball

Requested by : CorruptedLightSky & chemiarocats

♡ Nightmare X Flowerfell! Killer ♡

※ Genre : Fluff & Angst ※

● 3rd Person's P.O.V. ●

"Killer...? Kills, can you hear me...? It's me, Nightmare..." A voice softly asked, hoping to hear a response from the small skeleton who was laid in the bed showered with small, yellow buttercup flowers all over the mattress and silky blankets.

A small whine could be heard before a voice spoke softly, "N-Nighty...?". Killer croaked out in a bare whisper that was audible enough for the other to hear and understand. He couldn't see anything since the yellow flowers have covered his eye sockets, preventing him from seeing anything but darkness. But other than that, he can still hear, feel, and move around his surroundings a bit.

Nightmare smiled at his small lover and gently grasped his right hand and held it in both of his own hands. "Heya Love, how are you feeling today ? Do you need something ?" He sweetly asked.

Killer followed the direction of his voice and gave him a weak smile and answered with a soft "I feel fine...". Even though he smiled, Nightmare felt a pinch in his soul and his smile almost turned into a complete frown of worry and his hands started to tremble.

It has been almost a month now since... the incident... Killer had came home from a mission with his hood up one day and acted quite off. He didn't come down to eat his dinner or his other meals since then and the others were starting to get worried, especially Nightmare. They'd knock on Killer's door but it was locked and Killer would say that he needed some time alone to himself. Nightmare couldn't stay away from him just like that so he teleported inside Killer's room without warning or his permission and was shocked to see small yellow flowers scattered around the floor of the room and the same yellow flowers starting to cover half of Killer's skull.

Killer had no other choice but to tell Nightmare the truth and tell him what happened but Night didn't force him to and had hugged him close and whispered sweet things to him as he explained everything to calm him down since he has having a mental breakdown.

Killer explained that he went in a random portal and landed in a circle of yellow flowers in an unfamiliar AU. He didn't seem to mind at first and started to explored the place but about an hour later, the same yellow flowers he landed on started to blossom on his wrists. It was at that moment he remembered the story of Flowerfell! Frisk who had yellow flowers covering her face and body and had turned into thousands of them when she died in the arms of Flowerfell! Sans.

Since then, Nightmare has taken great care of Killer and had been always with him every single time. When the flowers started growing on his body and face at an alarming rate, he brought the smaller to Dream and Science for a check-up and in hopes to find a cure for it.

Unfortunately, Killer's case isn't the Hanahaki Disease which had a cure. His wasn't painful but drained his energy from his body, making him feel weak and he was required to be in bed all the time. The Flowerfell disease isn't curable, once it has started, there is no way of stopping it. Although, by pulling the some of the flowers off, it can pro-long the life of the victim, but it can be quite painful if the flowers start to multiply into many.