Eva

Eva's POV

My alarm goes off, blaring in my ear. I groan and roll out of my bed. I hated school. I hated mornings. And I especially hated school mornings. The only thing that motivates me to get up at the crack of dawn was a certain someone.

I rub my eyes and I walk to the bathroom to get ready. The door was locked and I pound on it.

"ELLIOT!" I yell.

"Almost done!" he yelled back. Elliot was the typical brother. Annoying and arrogant but unconditionally is protective of me deep down in his annoying heart.

"Hurry up. I'm gonna be late." I pound on the door again. He walks out and purposely bumps me in the shoulder. I roll my eyes and close the door to the bathroom. I look at myself in my mirror and the first word that came to my mind was 'shit'.

After getting ready, I head downstairs to the kitchen.

"Hey darling," my mom says, kissing me on the forehead.

"Morning mom," I smile. She puts a plate of chocolate chip pancakes in front of me, the smell immediately waking me up.

"You kids need to eat fast. They're shooting a movie down the road so you guys have to take a long way," she said.

My head shot up, "The long way?! Ugh, I need to shave," I grab a pancake and stuff it in my mouth before running to my bathroom.

I quickly shaved, getting a few cuts here and there and grab my keys. I rush out onto the driveway to see Elliot's car was already gone. I roll my eyes. Ever since he started college, he's been acting like this cool, important person. California State was literally 5 minutes away from our house. Pulling out of the driveway, I speed to school.

I made it to school without getting a ticket and sigh in my car. I look out my window to look for Luna's car in her parking space, but she was nowhere to be seen. I wait for a few more minutes until the first bell rang, signaling it was time to make my way to class. I sigh and walk to class, looking behind me repeatedly for Luna. She was never late.

Lunch came by and Luna was still nowhere to be found. I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey Eva," Claire said.

"Hey. You didn't see Luna today, did you?" I ask.

"No. She's probably sick," she said.

"Yeah," I sigh, disappointed.

Claire links her arms around mine, "Come on! Let's go to Taco Bell."

"Yeah," I said.

The rest of the day went by, still no signs of Luna. Maybe she was sick. But she always ate healthily. In my room, I tried to finish my homework but my mind was still on Luna. I took a shower but that didn't help either.

I change into a skimpy outfit and decide to go to a bar that Elliot told me didn't require ID.

I sit at the bar, gulping down tequila.

A guy suddenly sits by me, "Hey," he smirks. "What's a pretty girl like you sitting here all alone? The night is beautiful, come outside with me." his words slurring together.

"I'm a lesbian," I say without thinking. I suddenly start to laugh and he laughs along with me.

The bartender, observing our whole conversation, tapped on my shoulder, "I'm going to call you a cab."

"Okayyyyy," I said, dragging out the word.

I climb into the cab and the driver asks me where to. My drunk brain immediately thinks of Luna so I tell him her address.

I knock on her door, to find her sexy figure wearing a sheer nightgown that draped right over her butt. My mouth opens in a ridiculous grin before stumbling into her house.

"Eva, it's 12 am. What are you doing here? And are you drunk?" she asks.

"Noooo," I said. "And I have a secret," I tried to say it without any slur.

"Ugh, Eva. Come on," she leads me to her room. I plop down on her bed and giggle like a maniac.

"I want to try something," I giggled.

"What is it Eva," she said.

Without thinking, I pulled her head towards me. I kissed her hard on the lips. She pulled apart and gasps.

"Ok um you're just drunk," she mumbles. "Go to sleep."

"Ok," I giggled before landing on her pillow. My eyes quickly drift off to sleep while my nose inhales the amazing scent of her pillow.