Getting to Know Each Other

Albus POV

I couldn't sleep.

I tossed and turned in bed for a couple of hours. At around quarter past 1, I saw dad pull his covers off and walk out of the room. A minute later I could feel James tapping me to see if I am awake.

"Get off me your idiot, I am awake," I said quietly so that I didn't wake up Fred, Uncle Ron and Hugo.

"Ok, wanna follow dad. I think he is going to the spot that he and mum would spend time together away from everyone else at night." James whispered.

"I know what it is James. But yes. Let's go and gate crash a date" I said getting out of my mattress.

We exited the room and started heading to the top of the house. Turning around the corner to the last flight of stairs. James ran straight into Lily and they ended up on the floor.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" Lily loudly whispered.

"What are you doing here?" James said in the same tone.

"Following mum," Lily said.

"Well, we are following dad," I replied.

"Then let's go together then," James said.

We continued to walk up the stairs and push through the trapdoor leading into the attic.

"Who's there," Said dad, pulling his wand out, unwrapping his arms from mum, who was also pulling out her wand.

"Don't kill us. It's your future kids" James said putting his hands up.

"Oh, do you, um want to join us and tell us about the future," Mum said hesitantly.

"Yes," Lily said helping herself to dad's lap. Unfair, dad only seems to be comfortable with her. Well, I and James looked at each other as if saying the same thing.

"Ok, what's your favourite subject?" Dad asked.

"Potions," I said

"Transfiguration," James said.

"I reckon Defence Against the Dark Arts," Lily said.

"Mine too, DADA," Dad said. We looked at mum.

"Probably Charms or Transfiguration," Mum said.

"What do you want to be your career?" Mum asked.

"I want to play Chaser on the Chudley Cannons," James said.

"I want to be an Auror like you daddy," Lily said.

"I wanted to play chaser on the Holyhead Harpies. I guess that happens in the future." Mum answered the question.

"I didn't know what I wanted to be, but Auror sounds interesting. To be honest, I didn't think I would make it past my teenage years." Dad said shrugging. Ginny hit him and Lily buried her head into his side.

"Wow, that was depressing," everyone laughs, "I have no clue what I want to do. Maybe teach. I am good potions and charms so maybe." I say.

"My turn, what's your favourite spell," Lily asked.

"The Bat-Boggy Hex," Mum said.

"Disarming spell," Dad said.

"I don't know many spells but probably the Patronus Charm because they're pretty. Especially Daddy's stag." Lily said.

"Wow she is close to Harry isn't she" Mum muttered to me. I nodded.

"my favourite spell is Stupefy," I said.

"Mine is a Patronus Charm," James said.

"Ok, now what is your Patronus?" James then asked. "Mine is a Llama. I'm kidding it's a Wolf."

"Mine is a stag," Dad says.

"Mine is a doe," Lily said. Mum and Dad looked at her with shock.

"Um, you have produced at Patronus. Aren't you underaged?" Dad asked.

"Yes, but because you killed Voldy Shorts and have a dangerous job so you put a lot of protection spells around the house- which means that the ministry cannot trace my magic and it was you who taught me as I kept asking you until you said yes," Lily said.

"Ok, mine is a Horse like mums," I say.

"I guess mine is also a Horse," Mum says.

"Favourite place in Hogwarts?" I asked.

"Under the Willow Tree next to the Lake" Dad said.

"The Quidditch Pitch," James said.

"Hagrid's hut," Lily said. "I am very close to Hagrid and I am named after him after all."

I saw mum and dad look at her. But just shook their heads. Of course, she has been to Hogwarts before starting there.

"Gryffindor Common Room, the chair in front of the fire," Mum said.

"And mine is the Room of Requirement," I say.

"What's the room of requirement?" Mum and Dad asked.

"You will discover it this year," I said just as we heard a bang from downstairs. We all jumped up.

"How about we continue this meeting tomorrow night," Dad said as we quietly but rushed out of the room.

We ran back to our rooms and fell asleep over the next hour.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Thanks so much for reading another chapter.

Winter School Holiday's are coming to an end for me (In Australia) so I won't be updating as regularly.

I will try and update every Thursday and Sunday (definitely) and maybe some other days as I dance most days of the week for around 6 hours a night.

783 Words

K

(╭☞◕ᗜ◕)╭☞

Published on the 11th of July