Never Hurt Nobody

Emily peered at the screen of her D.D.D., finally opening the messages from Diavolo. After ignoring him for so long, she would finally respond.

Emily: I made a pact with Satan.

Diavolo: Congratulations! It seems a celebration is in order. Come to the student council room when you can.

Emily: Sure.

Getting up, Emily changed her clothes. She slipped on her usual navy blue jumpsuit and white tank top. She left her room, headed out and towards R.A.D., the academy. It was getting late. Forever dark in the realm of the Devildom, one could only assume that the dark indigo sky turning pitch was night time.

Once she arrived, she was surprised to find Diavolo awaiting for her with open arms. When he walked towards her for an embrace, she ducked under his arm. She took note of the table set up with a candlelit dinner. She took a seat and he turned, clasping his hands together, smiling.

"I've set up a nice little dinner for us to discuss the aftermath of your pact," He spoke, comin and taking a seat across from her.

She was silent, a plate of spaghetti and meatballs before her. A few breadsticks in a cup at the side of the table. A single black candle was the centerpiece.

"So? Who did you make a pact with?" He asked, a bright grin on his face.

"Satan," she stated simply, twirling spaghetti onto her fork.

"That's not very surprising considering your background," he spoke. Emily's fork scraped against the plate with a shriek, "I mean, almost killing your sister? That was quite a surprise to me. Especially due to the fact it was over a phone, and will an empty jar? One of the strangest things I've seen from a person of your background."

"It was an accident! It was all a blur! I..." She gripped her fork tightly, "You have no idea how badly I regret what happened. I love my sister!... Even if she doesn't love me," Emily stated.

"Well, I have to admit. I'm impressed. You've gotten so much more self control since then. I'm really proud of you," Diavolo noted.

"What do you even want? I made the damned pact. Why am I still here?" She asked, her appetite now lost.

"Well, now that you have made the pact, you'll be staying here for the next few terms as an exchange student. I wanted to ask you if there was anything I could do for you, as a gift for all the trouble that's been caused for you," he noted, his spaghetti twirled onto his fork by now.

Emily rested her elbow on the table, then placed her head in her upturned palm. She felt exhausted around Diavolo. He'd completed drained her calm demeanor. She was beginning to become emotional. Not her favorite situation.

"Is there anything you'd like? An excuse from eternal damnation? Perhaps money?" He spoke.

"Please just shut up..." She said, her voice cracking.

"From your time here, you have acquired, what I like to call, Devil Points. The more you have, the more wild you can make your wish," he spoke.

Emily then slammed her fist onto the table causing the silverware to clatter.

"I want you to just stop reminding me of how horrible I was in my past! I want Beelzebub to forgive me for deceiving him! I want to... I want to stay here where I'm not depressed all the time," Emily finally broke.

She did not explode in rage, nor did she lunge for Diavolo. What Diavolo saw was much more surprising than anything she'd done before; she was crying. Her tread fell slowly down her cheeks, her hands tangled themselves in her hair as she rested her elbows on the table. Her tears soaked the scarlet cloth.

What Diavolo saw was a woman who had been broken many times, but was held together by nothing by sheer willpower for their life. It intruiged him, it fascinated him, but most importantly it made him feel something for this simplistic human being.

He stood up, moving towards her. He placed a hand on her back in comfort. Her soul was something else, like a dragon; indestructible outer shell, and a sensitive soft inside. It was a delicacy.