Where The Sun Goes

Emily rubbed the back of her neck as she walked to her Death & Taxes course. The class taught her how each death effected the world differently and how to moderate in the death count. This course allowed her to be accompanied by Leviathan. As she arrived, she took her seat near the back. Each day they were assigned three fictional people that they could choose to die depending on their choices the previous day.

"Hey," Emily did not turn, assuming it was Leviathan speaking, "Who do you have?"

"Diane Springcoç, 54, retired marine biologist. Norbert Moses, 34, entertainer. Fredrick Reginald, 76, explorer," she noted.

"You're Emily, right?" The voice spoke again and this time she turned. It was a young man with white hair.

"Oh, sorry, I thought you were someone else," she stated.

"It's okay. You though I was Levi, right? My name is Solomon, I'm a human too."

Emily gave her somber little smile and shook Solomon's hand. He took a seat next to her and spoke again.

"You seem to really get along with those demon brothers," he began, "I think s9me might like you."

"I'm just here because I have to be. Beleive me, no one is intruiged by a human, unless it's their soul," she said.

Solomon gave her a kind smile and someone cleared their throat. Emily and Solomon turned, spotting Leviathan. Solomon gave him a ggreeting, however, Leviathan only claimed his seat from him in silence. Solomon walked off to his own seat, whilst Levi leaned against Emily.

"Why'd you let him sit here?" He asked.

Emiky only sighed, earning a quizzical look from him. The rest of class went by quickly, and so did the day. On her way back to the House, she heard footsteps approaching. When she turned, she notice Beelzebub coming along side her.

"I brought you this," he said, handing her a cookie, "I ate the rest, sorry." He said.

They walked, Beel wrapping an arm around her shoulders nonchalantly. When he leaned down to speak, she noticed him eyeing her cookie. She grinned and placed the cookie in his mouth.

"Thank you," you mumbled through his chewing.

"You know, you're not a bad guy," she stated as they walked. Beel had not taken his arm off of her. She sighed, looking downwards as she walked. It was time she revealed her true purpose here, but her heart ached at the thought of Beelzebub hating her for it.

"Beel-" "Emily!" Emily flinched and recognized the energetic voice; Mammon. You could always count on him to ruin the moment.

"Hey Emily!" He grabbed her wrist gently like a child begging for his mother's attention, "Come with me into town! I need someone to make me look good."

Emily sighed and Beel pulled her back into him. He looked down at his brother.

"She's busy," he stated. Beel began to walk, corraling Emily along with him. Mammon was left grief stricken, as his arm candy was stolen by a man who he thought may have a food fetish.

Emily looked towards Beel, his face a bit more serious than she'd seen before. She felt her somber smile reappear, her heart felt a pang of quilt once again. Perhaps it was best not to tell him? Would he still act the way he currently did towards her after finding out her true purpose was create a pact with him or one of his brothers in order to keep them in check?

"Beel..." She began, her heart thumping in anxiety, "I need to tell you something."

He paused, looking at her. She looked down, afraid to meet his eyes.

"I wasn't brought here as an exchange student. I was brought here to make a pact with you or one of your brothers," she explained, "I have three days left. If I don't make a pact with one of you by the end of the fifth day, then my soul will be trapped in Hell."

Beelzebub looked at her. He was silent, his face gave away a shocked and somber expression. He took his arm away from her, grasping his wrist to his chest.

"I'm so sorry," Beelzebub spoke, looking down to her.