Appear to Be

Emily awoke to the sound of her D.D.D. going off. Another day in the Devildom. It's been three more days since she'd moved into Beel's room. Everyday she woke up to him, and every night she fell asleep with him. It was no longer quite as mundane as it had originally began. She not felt a passion in her heart every day, and she got to smile every day.

She checked her D.D.D. and took note of Diavolo's text message. She had not spoken to him since their dinner fiasco. She still had yet to choose what to spend her Devil Points on, and for some reason, they kept accumulating. She read the message.

Diavolo: Come to the student council room. It's about your family.

Emily sat up quickly, not even bothering to change out of Beel's oversized shirt and her own shorts. When she reached the student council room, she keener over, hands on her knees, panting.

"What..." She gulped, "Happened," her breathing was raspy, "To my family?"

Diavolo only stood with a grin on his face. He'd lied.

"Nothing. I just needed to get you over here in order to welcome the next exchange student," he stated.

"What?" She asked, finally catching her breath.

"Why, yes. Seven brothers, seven new exchange students. It must have been obvious to you, yes?" Diavolo spoke.

"You're such a-" "I'm such a what, Emily?  I'm such a merciful man, a kind man, a scent man. I'm the current ruler of the Devildom and I have not taken your soul nor killed you. You should not be so ungrateful," Diavolo interrupted her.

"When will this person be arriving?" She asked, monotone. Her arms crossed over her chest.

"Ah, I would say quite soon actually," Diavolo began, "She's a bit more eccentric than you are. Her mains sins being thise of envy and lust."

"What? Is she some type of bratty rich girl? Envious of all the ugly girls getting hot guys? Sleeping around?" She asked, her attitude peeking through since she'd been riled up so early in the morning.

"Not quite. You see, she's more similar to Leviathan," Diavolo spoke.

"So... clingy?" She asked.

"What? No. I mean she's into the same type of things he is," Diavolo corrected her.

"And why do I need to be here?" Emily asked.

"I need you to keep from from getting out of hand," he spoke, "Having another human around could help ease the shock. Yes?"

"Or it can make them feel even worse because of anxiety, pressure, and even make them assume they're insane," Emily explained.

"Just, just shut up please," he said.

"Where have I heard that line before?" Emily tapped her chin, "Oh yeah! I said that when we had dinner together!" She exclaimed.

"Well you need to face the things you've done wrong in the past. If not now, then when?" Diavolo retorted.

"Um, when I dead?" She said.

"You're practically dead already," he muttered.

"What was that?" She growled.

"You already act like an old lady," he stated louder.

"Well this old lady won't hesitate to put her foot up your ass!" She growled, feeling a stinging sensation from her marking with Satan.

"Calm down before you get too angry and Satan comes along. I can't have him ruining my plans," Diavolo stated.

"Well then stop wriling me up!"

"Well then stop being so sensetive.'

"I'm not sensetive!"

"Tell that to your red angry face."

Emily reached over, grabbin Diavolo by his shirt. He only smirked and shrugged his shoulders. She was ready to give him a beating when something strange happened.  In a flash of light a body was face down on the ground. Diavolo and Emily looked at it. It was a girl.

"Hello?" Emily spoke. No response.

"Did you just kill her?" Emily snapped at Diavolo, shaking him vigorously by his shirt.

"No! I don't know why she isn't responding! Try poking her or something!" He exclaimed.

Emily released Diavolo and the two cautiously approached the body. This woman couldn't be more than 4'11. Her glasses were black, folded out in front of her. She was wearing a massive grey sweater and black skinny jeans and converse. Her hair was in a messy braid, her hair going from dark brown, to blonde.

"Psst!" Emily nudged the woman with her shoe.