Take On Me

Emily turned over in her bed. She felt all giddy inside. She bit her bottom lip and grinned stupidly, snuggling her face into a pillow. What was wrong with her? She was crushing like a little school girl. She hadn't felt this alive since her second year of highschool.

A sudden knock on her door caused her to jump up and slick back her hair. She straightened herself up, hoping the person hadn't heard any of her girlish noises. The door opened and in walked Seniõr Satan. Emily's giddy feeling suddenly dissipated as she heard him fiddle with the lock behind him. His arms crossed, he moved towards her bed.

"I heard you and my brother had quite the date last night," he spoke, his emerald eyes staring down into hers.

"Date? No, what date? Who said it was a date?" She asked, getting up and walking past him towards her closet. She reached for clothing to change into and a hand gripped her wrist.

"We can solve one another's problems," Satan's voice sounded from right behind her, "You have a short time here, correct? Spend time with me, and I can make sure you won't have to leave your precious glutton."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," she stated, tearing her wrist away and grabbing an outfit. It was a pair of black, fitting overalls, navy blue tube top to cover her breasts, and her boots. She sighed, not enjoying this certain piece of clothing, but she didn't want to risk getting cornered again. She turned away and moved past Satan.

"You're here not as an exchange student, but as a sacrifice to help contain one of my brothers," Satan stated.

"And what if I am?" She stated.

"Well, if you can't make a pact, I know your soul will be devoured and stuck here in the Devildom," Satan stated.

"Maybe I've already made a pact with Beel," she stated matter-of-factly.

"I doubt that," Satan stated.

"And why do you say that?" Emily asked, her brows knitting together. One hand was placed on her hip, the other held the tube top.

"You're not his type,"  Satan said, gently touching her arm. Emily sighed and pointed towards her door.

"Just get out," she stated.

"Or what?" Satan asked.

"I said..." She took a deep breath and calmed down, "Please get out."

Satan turned away from her and headed towards the door. He unlocked it and paused at the doorknob, "You have three days left. Don't forget, I could still tell everyone what you did, all those years ago."

He took his leave and Emily placed a hand over her mouth. She felt nauseous. Satan was right. Three days and she'd be dead. That still sounded better than Satan telling everyone what she did all those years ago.

She changed her clothes. She wondered why she'd been chosen to be here. She wasn't special, nor was she extraordinary. She was a normal woman with a normal life. She had a decent job as an engineer, made decent money, and lived in a decent apartment. When she reached her Latin class, Mammon sat next to her like usual.

"So did you make a pact with Beel yet?" He asked.

"No," she muttered, rested her head on the desk.

"You're looking different today," the sudden sound of Simeon caused Emily's eye to look up towards him. She muttered a thanks.

"Why are you so sulky?" Like asked, a grumpy expression on his face.

"Just stressed out," she said, barticading her head with her arms.

"Wow such a change in appearance. Never knew you could sport something like this," Mammon pulled the back of her tube top and it snapped against her back. She snapped up and gave him a glare.

"Vulgar demons," Luke muttered.

"Can I get your opinion on something?" Emily spoke towards the two angels.

"Our opinion?" Luke asked, "As if!"

"Sure," Simeon spoke softly.

"So, say you like someone. You can either trick them and live, deceive them and live, or keep everything to yourself and die. What's the best option?" She asked.

"Those are all pretty terrible options," Mammon said.

"Well, what do you want to do?" Simeon asked her. She took a breath, sighing.

"I don't know."