7. Can you trust me?

Max woke up the next morning to sun streaming in through the window.

Yawning, Max went to get up and stopped when he felt an arm draped across his middle, looking back, he smiled a little when he saw Geralt.

He'd had a nightmare and had climbed into bed with-wait, no, that wasn't what had happened.

Remembering what had happened the previous night, Max blushed and laid back down. Staring at the wall and wondering where Jaskier was.

Max heard Geralt groan then grunt, the Witcher sitting up and he felt a large hand rub at his side gently, Geralt's hoarse voice speaking just as gently,

"Wake up your highness"

Max looked up and over at Geralt, raising an eyebrow, "you let me spend the night in your bed"

"Yes" Geralt said simply before the man got up and started to get dressed. Max didn't expect him to elaborate and instead got up, pulling his own clothes on and frowning at the tear in his shirt. His mother would be furious.

Geralt walked over and gently pressed a kiss to his cheek, "I'm sorry" he rumbled and Max raised an eyebrow before he headed over to the mirror in the room and his eyes widened.

There was a large bite mark on his neck, lifting his shirt up a bit, Max could see the bruises in the shape of fingerprints. There was dark marks on his neck as well from where Geralt had bitten and sucked at the pale skin and Max slowly covered them with his shirt collar.

"It's alright" Max breathed, "I don't mind"

Geralt looked mildly shocked before he nodded and headed out of the room and downstairs, Max following close behind.

Jaskier was downstairs talking to a woman before he noticed Geralt and Max, excusing himself and walking over,

"Fun night?" He asked and Max blushed while Geralt shoved his shoulder, Jaskier chuckled,

"Teasing...just teasing...this town apparently has a problem"

"A problem?" Geralt asked, raising an eyebrow and Jaskier nodded,

"A problem having to do with a witch in the woods, apparently she's been taking babies to...keep herself young shall we say" Jaskier said, "they're offering good coin"

"You agreed didn't you bard" Geralt deadpanned and Jaskier gave up,

"Okay yes I did"

Geralt rolled his eyes, "Let me get more information" he said and walked off. Jaskier looking at Max,

"So?"

"So what?"

"Are you and Geralt...a thing?"

"We slept together once" Max said, "I doubt Geralt likes me enough to want to be my lover"

Jaskier looked at Max oddly before shrugging and walking off, Max heading towards the bar.

He needed breakfast.