Chapter 10: During: Part 2

Magsimula sa umpisa

"What? That they both have bad taste in friends?" She responded without much thought. I clenched my teeth and tried to keep my composure. I didn't want her to see me riled up.

"Oh sweetie, I see you have jokes now." This bitch had no idea who the hell she was dealing with. "BUT, you're wrong. The better answer is that they both have a weakness for ratchet girls... Like you, for example." I knew I hit a nerve when Mia closed her eyes tightly and rubbed her hand down her face.

"What do you want Harper? I'm drunk, I'm tired, and I don't care about your made up white people problems." I chuckled devilishly.

"Listen Mia, I just thought it would be best to give you a fair warning to stay the hell away from my friends. If you do that? We won't have any problems and you'll be fine. But, if you can't?" I paused for emphasis. "You need to watch your fucking back!" With that being said, I stared Mia down and I could see in her black gaze that she wasn't easily intimidated. But seeing the will-power in her eyes didn't deter me. I almost felt bad for her because this woman had no idea that I was a pro at this kind of shit. Mia wasn't the first person I'd had this talk with but after tonight, she would be the last. Confident that I'd made my point crystal clear, I turned around on my heels to walk away when I remembered one last thing that popped into my mind like a light bulb.

"Oh yeah, about your brother....What's his name again? Was it Joshua Jones?" At the sound of me mentioning Joshua's name, Mia sharpened her eyes with suspicion.

"What about Josh?" Mia's whole demeanor changed as she sat up even more.

"A little birdie told me he likes white girls just like your older brother Mike did." I paused to let that sink in. "I might even shoot my shot." I winked at Mia before turning my back on her and walking towards the door.

One minute my hand was on the door knob and I was about to exit the room confidently because I knew I'd gotten my point across to the bimbo bitch clearly. However, in the next minute I felt Mia's rough hands grabbing my long hair into a death grip and wrapping it around her hands and arms. I was caught completely off guard because, out of all of the women I'd had to purge from around us, Mia seemed like one of the weaker ones.

But the moment I felt my hair being ripped out of my scalp, I knew I'd underestimated my opponent. At first my mind went blank as I desperately tried to open the door. Once I got the door open I realized I could twist this entire situation in my favor. As Mia continued to swing me around by my hair, I purposefully dropped my body weight and fell to the ground. Mia landed hard on top of me and began to talk mad shit while trying to land punch after punch to my head. I tried to hold her off from hitting my face but the girl was stronger than I thought.

I began to scream my lungs out in order to bring an audience into the room and within seconds people began to trickle in. Mia was wailing on me and the shit hurt like hell BUT I was going to fully milk this moment to my advantage. Soon, it felt like we were surrounded by a hundred people as students began to pull out their phones to record the incident. Almost on cue, I began to scream out my version of the story.

"Please someone, help me! This crazy bitch is attacking me because she's fucking racist! Help me please." I screamed some more for dramatic effects. "She hates me because I'm white and I told her I was interested in her brother!" I continued to put on a show and scream hysterically until someone finally grabbed Mia around the waist and pulled her off of me. While that person held Mia back, another person helped me up. When I looked in Mia's direction, my heart rate increased when I saw that it was Zane who'd come and lifted her off of me. What the actual fuck? Why was he always around when she needed him?

"Hey are you alright." I shifted my attention from Mia and Zane and took in the guy that helped me up. A small smirk almost crept into my face but I held it back as I gazed at my rescuer. It was just my luck that it was Joshua Jones, Mia's brother. I didn't know him personally but I knew enough about him and Mia after taking the time to snoop around and ask questions about the two.

 I didn't know him personally but I knew enough about him and Mia after taking the time to snoop around and ask questions about the two

Mia crossed the line by putting her hands on me so it was only fair that war be declared between the two of us. And I had absolutely no problems with using her brother as my first line of defense. I purposefully leaned into Joshua and began to cry.

"No I'm not okay. I can't believe someone could just attack me like that for no reason." He patted my head.

"Hey, I'm so sorry about my sister. She's been through a lot and I know it's not an excuse but it explains a lot about her behavior tonight." Joshua looked down at me with somber eyes. "I have to go and speak with her and see what's going through her head right now." He stated as he tried to untangle his arms away from me; I couldn't let that happen.

"No, no, please wait." I steadied his hands and looked up at him with fresh tears in my eyes. "You don't have to worry, my friend Zane is talking with her. But I'm glad your here with me." I stated and he looked at me like I was crazy. My words probably sounded crazy to him because we didn't know each other. However, that was about to change.

"Do I know you?" He asked as he looked down at me with a puzzling gaze. As I looked up at him, I took in his athletic physique, handsome face, and brown skin. He was dressed in all black and I had to admit he looked okay for a black dude. I didn't necessarily like black guys but he wasn't too bad on the eyes. As an added bonus, I've heard black men had big dicks. It wouldn't hurt to try his out once or twice before ditching him. I almost smiled with devilish glee when the thoughts crossed my mind but I quickly schooled my face in order to keep up the facade.

"No you don't know me but..." I paused shyly as Josh watched me curiously. "...but um, I know Mia. And um, I've been admiring you from afar..." I watched his eyes to gauge his reaction but I couldn't tell what he was thinking. "...anyways. I told you're sister about my attraction to see if maybe she could introduce us but then she attacked me and started saying how she won't let another white bitch kill her brother." I lowered my eyes for more dramatics and added some tears streaming down my face. I could see Joshua tense up and his jaw clench and I almost burst out laughing. I had to bite my lip as a way to garner all of my self-control within me so that I didn't fuck this up.

"Hey, I'm sorry about that." He stated with sincerity in his voice. "Do you have a ride? The least I can do is get you home safely. I promise I'll talk to Mia later... I'm so disappointed in her right now." I nodded my head at Joshua and looked in the direction of Zane and Mia one last time before walking off with her brother. Two could play this game bitch and I played to win!

*******************
Vote + comment please
Are you team Harper or Team Rebecca? 😅🥴