16 | lies of omision

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong?" Indiana asks.

The brunette pulls her hand away, revealing a thin line of silver liquid having dripped from her nose. She wipes it away with her finger, glancing around to see if anyone else saw it.

"I had to let you guys know, but please don't tell anyone." Hayden begs.

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

Indiana walks into the locker room after the majority of the boys pile out of it, making her way over to where Liam stands with a red bag beside him. She glances down at the bag to see that it's filled with protein bars and water.

"I think you've got a gym addiction." Indiana jokes, earning a playful eye roll from Liam.

"Hey." Scott greets, grabbing the twos attention as they look over at him. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." Liam replies.

"Hey, guys, just remember it's a full moon tomorrow. And you're probably already starting to feel it." Scott says.

"We know, don't worry about us." Indiana replies, trying to get rid of the awkwardness between Liam and her bother.

"It's a supermoon." Scott continues, pushing to make conversation still. "That means it's gonna be closer to the earth—"

"Yeah, I know what it means." Liam replies, interrupting him.

"Just remember, I'm here for you." Scott reminds.

Liam clenches his jaw, turning around and slamming his locker shut. This makes the siblings jump slightly with surprise, Indiana glancing over at the blond to see if he's okay.

"You gonna chain me too the tree again?" Liam questions.

"All I meant was it might be a good idea if we stick together. So we can protect each other." Scott says, looking over at his sister. "Like we usually do."

"We can't protect anyone." Liam mutters.

The blond grabs the gym bag, turning around and beginning to make his way out of the room. The door slams behind him with a bang. Indiana sighs, turning her attention to Scott again.

"He'll be fine soon." Indiana says. "Look, Scott, I'll be fine this full moon. I always am."

"I'm more worried about Liam." Scott informs.

"If you really want me to I can keep an eye on him, but I doubt he's going to do anything wrong." Indiana tells him.

"Just stay safe and call me if anything happens." Scott instructs.

"Will do." Indiana replies, giving him a small smile.

With that, the brunette walks out of the room before hurrying down the corridor to search for Liam. She finds him at his locker, shoving the gym bag inside before turning to the girl. It takes the blond by surprise when Indi suddenly reaches forwards and embraces him in a hug, but he doesn't hesitate to wrap his arms around her.

"You should let go of your grudge on him soon." Indiana says, coming out slightly muffed as she rests her head on his chest.

"I know." Liam replies, sighing. "But for now let's continue to help Hayden and deal with the full moon."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

Indiana sprints through the crowded hallways at the sound of ambulance sirens blaring in her ears. She pushes her way past people and stands beside Scott, Theo, and Mason. Ahead of them, Corey has been placed on a stretcher and is currently been wheeled into the back of the ambulance. The silver liquid Indiana has seen more than once now is spewing out of his mouth, staining his skin and clothes - Masons too since he tried to help the chimera.