A question

This book is not about vampires. The cover image simply elaborates on the metaphor of this story.

Life and the world it lies in can be made into an unsupportable, confusing, chaotic hole.
I, and possibly you are the lucky few.
We are the lucky few who managed to find themselves in a safer venture than others.
On the one hand, I may live in one of the most diverse, multi-cultured countries in history... one where almost everyone is a migrant. I'm not talking just about Latinos or Asians, I'm speaking of a culture that came here pressured by abuse, and power.

Freedom is power.

The desire to be liberated, free from any form of enslavement —the natural will to have power over our lives and futures have let the lucky few abuse and acquire, and keep this liberty to themselves. Whatever it takes. They forgot or didn't realize that power comes with as much responsibility.

Whatever mindset is it that makes some of us, if not most of us, feel as we are superior to others? Whatever it is, it has been deteriorating the balance of life.

The moment I believe you are worth less than me is the moment I violate your existence.

Right away an authority figure comes to mind. Some parents, hopefully less than I'd fear to think, behave thus with their children. Likewise, some children (usually teens) act consequently with their parents.

It's a miss-connection to the fact that we are all equal.

In search of understanding, I wonder where does that idea come from? The one that somehow allows the ego to go so inflated and unchecked? ..and so much so that the owner thereof looses control of what's real and what's not, all according to what their seared conscience choose is actual or not.

At 15, this or any type of philosophical reasoning was not one of my pursuits.