13 | required reading

Start from the beginning

The girl reaches forwards and embraces the older boy in a hug, being weary of his shoulder in order to prevent him from being in anymore pain.

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

Indiana walks through the hallways of school, ignoring the flickering of lights as she makes her way over to the two boys on her grade.

"Hiya, boys." Indiana jokingly greets.

"Hiya, asshole." Mason mocks, grinning over at her as she playfully shoves him. "You two finished the book Lydia asked you to read?"

Indiana nods. "Yeah, last night."

"Same here." Liam replies, turning to face the girl and his blue eyes instantly meeting her brown ones. "I'm taking your advice with trying to make it up to Hayden."

"How's it going so far?" Indiana asks.

"I gave her 43 dollars. She didn't want to take it at first but I convinced her to because of the 200 I owe her." Liam replies.

"If you really want, I can try talk to her for you." Indiana offers.

"No, it's okay." Liam declines, giving her a small smile.

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

Indiana walks down from her place on the bleachers where she's been watching Liam practice his lacrosse skills with a few members of his team. Hayden is playing soccer right behind him, the two deciding to ignore one another to avoid arguments. Anyway, with her bag slung over her shoulder, she pushes her brown hair to one side only to see someone come racing towards her. She has no clue who the hell it is, only knowing that they're a senior.

"You're Indiana, right?" The guy shouts as he runs over to her, grabbing Liam's attention out on the field.

"Yeah, why?" Indiana replies, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion slightly.

"It's your brother. He's having an asthma attack and needs an inhaler." The guy explains.

"Shit." Indiana mutters.

The brunette grips onto her bag tightly, pushing past the guy and running into the school with Liam hot on her heel with concern. She sprints through the long hallways, her brown eyes resting on a classroom with many nosy students crowding around the doorway of it. Indi only ignores them all, pushing them out of her way as she and Liam drop down to the floor beside her brother.

Swinging the backpack off of her shoulder, Indiana fumbles inside before pulling out an inhaler. Ever since she started the high school, she's kept a spare inhaler in her bag just for precautions. Stiles has done the same, especially since the two started high school as your average students.

"Scott, come on." Liam whispers as Indi pushes the inhaler into Scott's hand.

"Scott." Indiana calls, glowing her eyes yellow for a moment.

The brunet's wheezing grows heavier as his eyes widen at the sight of the two sophomores in front of him. Indiana nudges his hand where the inhaler sits, Scott rising it to his lips where he takes a huge puff of it. His breathing begins to return back to normal, no longer having to strain himself for air.

"Thanks." Scott says.

"You had a memory, didnt you?" Indiana whispers, receiving a nod in response.

"What was it?" Liam asks, curious.

"Roxy." Scott replies, glancing over at his sister.

Liam furrows his brows. "Who's Roxy?"