~Emotions and Reunions~

Start from the beginning

His thumb wiped the tear away as he leaned his forehead against mine. "Don't cry, love. I was just very busy." He sighed.

"Too busy to even talk with your wife?" I muttered, pulling back a little.

"I'm sorry, love."

His dark eyes remained intent on mine, and I took in a deep breath. "I was so worried." I added, and he nodded. "I know, but I'm home now." He smiled, and a small smile formed on my face. He placed his head in the crook of my neck.

"Home." I felt him muttering against my neck, and a blush took over my cheeks. He moved back only to pull me into a hug.

I wrapped my arms around his torso as I leaned my head against his chest, feeling his heartbeat. "I missed you." He spoke out as his hand made small circles against my back. "I missed you too." I replied, my voice muffled against his chest. We stayed like that for a few minutes before I pulled back.

"You should get changed, I'll heat the dinner."

He placed a kiss on my forehead, then nodded and went to the closet while I made my way to the kitchen. A small smile formed on my face. I heated the food while humming a small tune.

Once the table was set, I called Zayaan. He looked way more relaxed now dressed in sweatpants and a top.

"Something interest you wife?" He smirked, and I blushed at being caught red-handed. I heard him chuckling as he stood in front of me. "Did I tell you how beautiful you look today?"

I felt my face heating even further as I fidgeted with my hands. He chuckled as he held onto my hand, pulling me towards the dining table.

"Come on, let's eat."

....

"I know you have questions, and I'll answer all of them, but you need to eat." Zayaans voice called out, breaking me out of my thoughts. He took some more food out on my plate, and I stopped his hand.

"That's it. Are you trying to get me fat?" I glared at him, and he laughed.

"Maybe." I shook my head as I rolled my eyes.

"How was your trip?"

"It was tiring." He sighed, and I noticed how tired he actually looked. He looked like he hadn't slept in a while, and there were stress lines on his face.

"You look pretty tired."

"Yeah, but enough about me. You tell me, how was your shopping trip?" He questioned.

"It was good, I bought a lot of clothes though."

"That's good, but why didn't you use the credit card I gave you?"

I fidgeted with my hands as I replied. "I just didn't feel comfortable." I heard him sighing before he spoke again.

"Inaya, when will you learn? Everything of mine is yours."

A shy smile made its way onto my face. The rest of the dinner passed in small talk. After we were done eating, I decided to wash the dishes as I didn't want Haleema to have too much work tomorrow.

"What are you doing?" Zayaan's voice called out from behind me.

"Rollerskating." I rolled my eyes. "Can't you see, I'm washing the dishes."

"Well, someone's being a smartass." He teased, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"And someone's being clingy." I retorted, and I felt him pouting against my shoulder. "I just came back after a week, and my wife isn't exactly giving me attention. What do I do?" There was playfulness in his voice.

"Hmm, I don't know. Maybe you should try harder."

Before I knew it, I felt myself being lifted bridal style, and a squeal broke out of me. "What are you doing?" I yelped.

"Carrying you." He shrugged as he started walking towards the stairs. "Put me down Zayaan, you're going to drop me." I struggled, but he just tightened his grip. "You really underestimate me, love." He grinned down at me.

"What about the dishes?"

"Haleema can do them." He insisted. "But they're too many." I argued, and he gave me a look, which immediately made me shut up. Nervousness gripped me as we neared the room. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach as I thought of an excuse. Zayaan entered the room, kicking the door shut with his foot as he finally kept me down.

"I need to use the bathroom." I forced out, and without hearing anything further, I locked myself in the bathroom. I stared wide-eyed at my dishevelled state, my cheeks were flushed, and my hair was a mess. 15 minutes passed by, and I still didn't walk out.

There was a knock at the door before Zayaan's voice came through it. "Inaya love, you've spent enough time in the bathroom. It's time to come out." I could tell from his voice that he was finding this funny. I unlocked the door and slowly walked out, only to come face to face with an amused Zayaan.

"Why were you hiding?" He inquired.

"I wasn't hiding." I lied. "You really think I can't tell?" He walked over to me.

"Don't ever hide from me. Now come on, let's sleep." He smiled, and we laid down facing each other. He turned around and checked the time before finally facing me, a small smile gracing his lips.

"Happy birthday, love." He whispered, and a surprised look took over my features. "You remembered?" I looked at him shocked. He pulled me close, and I kept my hands on his chest. "I wouldn't forget it for the world." He muttered as he left feathery kisses all over my jaw.

He slowly trailed down towards my neck as he hovered over me. "Stop me before I lose control." He muttered against my skin. "I-" but nothing came out. He pulled back a little as his dark gaze, which was now filled with lust, met mine. "I-im just nervous." I muttered. I dared to gaze at him from under my lashes, and a look of understanding crossed his features. He kept his hand in my cheek as he whispered. "I would never hurt you."

"I trust you."

And that was all he needed before he placed his lips on mine.
.....
*clears throat* uh so yeah, that happened. ;) anyways let's talk about the weather:)

But either ways, what do you think happens next? Who was the girl with Zayaan? Is he finally going to open up to Inaya? Find out in the next chapter.

Love ya all<3