eight...thats kinda the whole point

Börja om från början

"How're you gonna deal with that monstrosity?" she gets asked by Jone when she shoves her bags into his arms. Jude scoffs as Finnon struggles under the weight of her two bags; honestly she had been kind to everyone involved in hers and Masons fleeing of chicago, promising to only bring work appropriate clothing (and a few select items for herself), and for one Jude had stuck to the promise she made, the only evidence of slight disobedience being the very large carry on that had everything she couldn't fit in with her shoes.

"Wigs baby, it's all about the wigs!" That's Judes normal reaction to having a bold and extremely out there hair colour, and the reason she uses wigs instead of re-dying her already dead locks, is that she has the bright hair for a reason, and if she needs to make a quick get away as Ariel Steinfeld - well removing a wig cap is a lot easier (especially after years of practice) than dying hair.

"Well i don't know, i reckon it suits you" She likes Finnon, truly she does. He's awkward in groups but one on one he can be one of the, if not the, funniest person that Jude knows. Although maybe it's just that he is self deprecating as she is?

"It looks like someone was sacrificed over my head" she deadpans. Jude won't tell anyone this because of how narcissistic it'll make her seem, but she reckons she can pull off any hair colour - except green. That was a horrible three months.

"That's not what you were going for?" Jude hums in acknowledgement, lightly tapping the man on the shoulder as she slams the boot of the car shut and jumps in the passenger seat. If there was one thing present day Jude could tell teenage Jude (beside to not fall in love with men because fuck that), it would be that getting your licence is important, and she says this as a 31 year old woman who has been behind the wheel once in her life.

That had been two days ago. Two days since Jude had shown up on the doorstep of Jone's mother's home to collect Mason, and had been told by the old woman that she looked like Jessica Rabbit with brighter hair - honestly it had been the best compliment she had gotten in a long time.

Mrs Jone had apparently gotten along really well with Mason, and had offered to Jude within moments of her showing up that if the situation ever arose, mason would be more than welcome to spend some time at the house, and Jude had never been more thankful that her kid was amazing, like who else would be able to have an apparent old grinch (that's what finnon had called her when they first arranged their modes of transport) wrapped around their finger in less than five hours? Only Mason could.

"Do you have your bag unpacked yet?" Jude questions her kid as he sat on the couch watching spongebob and eating mac and cheese, funnily enough, Jude had offered him anything in the world to eat and he wanted the only thing they had in their pantry.

"Sorta" he says back, taking a sip of lemonade and smiling.

"And what do ya mean by 'sorta?"

"I got all my clothes out of my bag, but now they're just on my bed" the woman laughs as she bites into a cheese sandwich, her hair had been tied back with a scrunchie from 99' and she's wearing a harvard college sweatshirt that she bought from some yard sale three years ago - it's the most relaxed she has looked in a while, even if her hair is still a blazing red.

"Don't worry 'bout it kiddo, just put 'em on the food and we'll deal with them tomorrow, okay" Mason nods his head, too worried about the scene in front of him to really register her words.

"Do you have to cover your hair tomorrow Judy?" Jude smiles softly towards the boy. "I don't," she says, going to sit down next to him on the couch.

"Good," he says through a yawn, leaning into her side. "I like it bright".

Jude chuckles, shaking her head at the mop of dark brown hair laying at her side, "anything for you gremlin".