Right as [Y/n] was about to answer, a murderous aura caught her interest. The aura was painfully familiar: how could she forget? He was the one who almost ended her life, after all. With a serious face, she instructed Kiseki to stay with the old man as she sprinted her way to danger once again, ignoring the cries of the old man and the child.

Stain. Fucking Stain.

How could have she forgotten about him? This was his territory and yet she waltzed in this city as if he wasn't there at all. She may not have gotten carried away when she encountered her family and Kiseki, but she understood it was her fault for her lack of insight. [Y/n] realized she was a tad bit late when she heard noises coming from a deserted street, finding Deku, and Iida trying to fight Stain himself. Even if he was outnumbered, he clearly handled it well by the looks of their collapsed figures.

Those idiots, thinking they can take on Stain themselves. I'll show them how a villain does it.

"Damn, am I late to the party? I was sure I'd get dibs this time." [Y/n] walked in, hands in her pockets with a nonchalant expression, a contrast to Deku, and Iida's shock ones. What was she doing here? Are they even safe with two villains standing in front of them? What if they team up and ended up slaughtering them?

"Ah, [Y/n]. Long time no see. It's been a while, hasn't it? How have you been fairing?" His features were void of any positivity, only bitterness. "Yes, yes. I've been fairing well after our fight, actually. Still, even if you were to put me out of action, that still won't stop me from kicking your ass. She smirked with confidence.

"Let's see about that, shall we?" [Y/n] grimaced when he licked the blood off of his blade. Not gonna lie, it kind of made her reluctant on fighting him because she knows he won't hesitate to kill her. She had thought about ending his life as well, but it wouldn't look too good on her criminal record. Besides, doing that will definitely suspend [Y/n] from being Kiseki's guardian. She already had the detective and the police's blessing so she doesn't plan on ruining it now.

With great speed, Stain was in front of her in a flash, his blade swinging down to slice her head until her own two daggers stopped it with slight effort. She sent a straight kick in between his ribs, knocking him back a few feet. "Wow, I'm impressed. You sure got-" Stain threw a small blade to which she caught with her bare hand, the sharp edge cutting [Y/n]'s palm. She merely ignored the minor injury and discarded the blade like a worn-out toy, taking a defensive stance to prepare for Stain's attack. But wait, where is he?

"Where the-" [Y/n] sensed a murderous aura from behind and avoided his sharp sword by an inch. While caught off guard, he flung another spare blade which she couldn't avoid. "You sure got weak, [Y/n]!" The blade lodged itself in [Y/n]'s left shoulder, a yelp escaping her mouth as thick red blood gushed out.

"Argh!"

She yanked the bloodstained blade out of her and gripped her injured shoulder, pain clear as day on her face. Curse her quirk, if only there was enough fear around her then maybe she would've had the power to knock him unconscious already.

"I'm severely disappointed in you. In this small period of time, we haven't seen each other, and you got this weak? Just what were you doing?" His mocking fueled [Y/n]'s irritation, yet she composed herself well enough to speak. "Oh, you know, the usual. I actually have a smol child now and... Yeah, that happened." [Y/n] narrowed her eyes when she caught Stain's lips coil into a sinister smile.

"Why are you doing that face? It's creepy." Her body shuddered, wondering what was it that made him smile like that. And suddenly, Stain charged forward with speed like nothing from before. [Y/n] narrowly sidestepped to the left; mistake. He twisted his long katana and managed to slice her midsection, leaving a thin but deep wound.

"Ah, shit."

•••

Truth be told, [Y/n] didn't expect the fight to prolong after she stabbed his side, but here she was. Her hair disheveled with multiple wounds scattered around her body, all gushing out dangerous amounts of blood. Stain's condition was also the same as [Y/n], but less unpleasant. Both were panting from the ongoing fight while starting each other down.

Midoriya and Iida were already up and standing, free from Stain's quirk but didn't engage. Right now, they both knew they had no chance of beating the two. If they were to disrupt the feud Midoriya and Iida would end up in the hospital, or worse. And so they silently watched as the place became a bloody mess, cringing every time one lands a hit on the other.

Somewhere that time, Todoroki also arrived at the scene, and like Midoriya and Iida, he never interfered, waiting until they're tired out so he can take them on.

"So, you said that you're a guardian now, right?" Stain abruptly inquired, [Y/n]'s uncertainty skyrocketing.

"Yeah, " She narrowed her eyes, a pool of distress filling her stomach. "What's it to you?" His eyes held a suspicious glint to it, as if was about to do the most exciting thing he has done. Expectedly, he hurled a very sharp dagger to her at an alarming speed, but nothing she couldn't dodge.

[Y/n] pivoted to avoid the measly attack, and that's when she realized her mistake. Her horrible, horrible mistake. Just when she dodged the blade, she caught a glimpse of a young boy behind her. And then it happened. The blade darted its way through the boy's shoulder, going deep inside. He let out a blood-curdling scream, one that made [Y/n]'s eyes widen in realization.

"I wonder, " Stain licked his lips.

"Is that him?"

Shoot, I apologize for not updating in a long time! I've been having writer's block and it's driving me insane lol

I hope y'all enjoy the chap tho..