Back to The Past -Dabi-

A young girl was running around the chaotic empty street, blood soaking her clothes.

Shouts could be heard behind her, but chose to ignore it and kept running, hoping to lose the pro-hero who was tailing her behind.

Turning around a corner, she spots a dark alleyway and hid in it. She pressed herself against the cold wall and waited for the hero to pass her.

From afar, she heard the distant sounds of footsteps fast approaching. Heart thumping loudly in her chest, she waited until the footsteps passed her, claiming it to be safe.

When she removed herself from the dirty wall, her ears perked up from the noise of a can being kicked. Y/n whips her head around to catch a glimpse of the one who created the noise, only to see nobody.

Concluding it to be her imagination, she was ready to take a step until a voice resonated throughout the alleyway, effectively stopping her in her tracks.

"What are you doing hiding here? And why're you covered in blood?" Their voice was low, quickly deducing it to be a male, though his pitch was a bit higher, assuming he was maybe 17, or 18 years old.

"Are you listening? I said, what are you doing here, and why are you covered in blood?" He stated once again. The female gulps in uneasiness and answered with, "Yes. Hiding. None of your business."

The unidentified male hums in acknowledgment. "Whatever your business is, I don't care. But tell me. Are you the cause of the chaos outside? It seems so, seeing as how you're coated head-to-toe in blood. And there's countless dead bodies of children outside of a school nearby."

The h/c female stayed silent and drops the knife, landing on the concrete with a 'clank' sound, whole body shivering with immense fury and shame.

"I-It wasn't my fault. They.. They were the ones who pushed me to my limit. I'm not the one in the wrong, they are!" She nearly exclaimed the last parts, her breaths coming out in uneven patterns.

"Is that the truth? Or are you just trying to convince yourself?" In the midst of her muttering, she unknowingly elicited the sleeping smoke around her, heading towards the anonymous male.

Immediately, he covered his nose with his sleeves, taking precautions of her quirk. "Hey, hey, hey. Stop that. Stop using your quirk, damn it!"

His words fell into deaf ears as he watched her panic to yourself. Mildly annoyed, the male then held her by the shoulder and began to shake her. Still wary of the smoke around him, he carefully breathed as to not inhale a large amount of her quirk.

"Look at my hand." He commanded to the female who complied. She looked at him to see that a beautiful shade of azure-colored flame was sitting on his palm.

"Beautiful, isn't it? That's what my brother said so.." His eyes held a distant look in them, intriguing her. "Your quirk is so enchanting."

He raised a brow. "Really? It's dangerous, though." Y/n shook her head, disagreeing. "At least it's not like mine.." Her expression turned grim at the mention of her own quirk.

Her quirk soon dispersed as she calmed down with the help of him. Now that he was closer, she got a good look at the male, and she was surprised to see his severely burned face.

"What happened...?" Her whisper went unheard by the male.

"The name's Dabi." He introduced himself and she did too.

"I'm guessing you have nowhere to stay, huh?" Y/n thought about going home, but decided against it.

Who would want a murderer in their house?

She weakly nodded as a response. They would surely arrest her if she was found by the authorities. She needed to lay low for now, but where would she go? Would Dabi hand her to a pro-hero? He doesn't look like a good guy, though, so that's probably not the case.

She didn't expect his next words. "Would you like to come with me?" He had one hand outstretched with a coy smile on his face.

She was hesitant but then she thought, 'Fuck it. I have nothing to lose anymore.' and took his hand, his large calloused hand enveloping her smaller soft one.

"Sure. What could go wrong?"

To whoever is reading this;

Thank u so much for reading this crap!