Chapter 9

"It really hurts when you know you aren't good enough."

"And then I was like, 'Think before throwing a punch, asshole.' You should've seen me! I was so badass!" I boasted to Shinso who snickered at my story.

"I almost kinda feel bad for the guy. Almost." He emphasized on the 'almost' part, achieving an eye roll from me.

"Heh, he deserved it. He came at me first! Should've known I was stronger at him." I shoved my favorite food [F/f] in my mouth, moaning in delight while Shinso scrunched his face in disgust. "It's so good~!"

"Oi, stop talking with your mouth full, idiot. That's disgusting." Sticking my tongue out, I let out a playful "Bleh!" and resumed eating while talking with my mouth, prompting him to sigh with a facepalm. "You're an idiot." He grumbled out, hoping it didn't reach my ears. But unfortunately, it did.

"No, you're an idiot!" I countered back while messily shoving more food down my throat. Sighing for the umpteenth time, Shinso could only watch in amused as I started to choke on my food.

"You're hopeless."

>>>

"Are you sure you'll be fine? Last time I checked, you can't fight to save your life." Shinso clicked his tongue at my comment and crossed his arms.

"Haha, very funny, [Y/n]. I'll be fine. Besides, all I have to do is rile him up and make him talk, right? Seems easy enough." He assured, shrugging.

"Alright then, don't come to me when your ass gets beaten." I placed my dominant hand on my hip, my other hand pointing at him in a mocking way.

"Wow, so that's how much faith you have in me." The edge of his lips curled into a frown, upset by my lack of faith in him.

"Sorry, it's not that I don't have faith in you. I'm just worried you might get hurt is all. Your quirk is not meant for combat, right? Well, Midoriya has a crazy f*cking strong quirk. So strong, he literally break his bones every time he uses it." He hummed at my remark.

"So, he's self-destructive." He mumbled to himself, averting his eyes to the floor.

"Well, I better head out now. Good luck with your battle, Toshi." I send him a small wave, to which he smiled.

"Toshi..? Is that my new nickname?" He pointed out.

"Yep. Bye~!" I skipped down the hall and went on my merry way.

"Toshi, huh? I like it." Shinso let a gentle smile decorate his face. "She actually didn't change much, hm?"

Sitting in the front corner of the seats, I cheered loudly along with the crowd, hoping to see Shinso in action. "Here we have the underdog of the festival, Midoriya Izuku from Class 1-A!" The crowd went wild as many cheers erupted, directed to Deku. "And the mysterious opponent—sorry, we don't know what he's capable yet— He's Shinso Hitoshi from Class 1-C of the general course!"

At the mention of his name, I wildly clapped and yelled. "Beat his ass, Toshi!" I kept yelling out vulgar encouraging comments, making my classmates cringe. And one soul. One poor young innocent soul, decided that it would be a good idea to talk to me while in the spur of the moment.

"[L/n]-san! Those kind of comments aren't manly at all!" A spiky redhead male spoke up, his sharp teeth dominating most of his features, except for his hair.

"B*tch, so is the amount of hair gel in your hair."

And then another idiot chirped out, "Yes, I agree with Kirishima-kun, [L/n]-san. Don't you think that's a bit too dirty?" This time, the other idiot looked like a f*cking nerd.