Chapter 36

Gauri sighed. She could not show Darshan that she was hurt by his words. She could not let him know that the reason she was hurt was not his shouting, but because she had fallen in love with him. This marriage was a deal.
What would he think if he came to know that she had started loving him? No, she could not let this happen. She had to act normal. She had to let go of her anger.
Also, even she was unable to live without talking to Darshan. She was tired of staying away from him. She looked at Darshan who was staring at her with puppy eyes. Fuck…she could never resist that face.
He looked so cute. That puppy eyes face always melted her heart. She smiled automatically, which in turn melted Darshan’s heart. He was so relieved that he jumped towards Gauri and hugged her tightly, lifting her off the floor in process.
Gauri was so startled by his sudden move that at first, she did not hug him back. But then she inhaled his musky scent and her hands automatically rose to hug him.
They stayed in each other arms for a few moments. Rajal maa, who had came in with Gauri’s breakfast tray stood frozen at the door when she noticed the scene in front of her. She was so happy that she stood there, watching her son and daughter-in-law hug each other lovingly.
She silently thanked the Gods and Naushad bhai for bringing Gauri in Darshan’s life and left without disturbing them. When Darshan and Gauri came out for breakfast 10 minutes later, Rajal maa was grinning with joy.
“So, Gauri, how are your feet healing?” She asked.
“I am fine now maa. My feet are almost completely healed. Hopefully I will be able to go to work from next week. I have a few complicated cases to handle.” Gauri said.
“Dusro ke bacche kab tak deliver karogi? Khud ka baccha deliver karne ke bare me kab sochogi?” Gauri almost choked on her food. Darshan took a moment to understand the hidden innuendo.
But they both realized what Rajal maa was saying.
“Maa!” Both of them said in unison. Both were blushing red as both of them were thinking about the process of baby making at the same time.
Both of them looked at each other at the same time and then immediately looked down to their plates. Rajal maa kept teasing them, trying to get a reaction out of them but neither Gauri nor Darshan even raised their head up. As soon as Gauri finished her breakfast, she rushed to bedroom and Darshan locked himself in his studio. Both of them stayed shut in the respective rooms the entire day.
Gauri ate her lunch in bedroom and as Gauri was not at dining table, Darshan ate lunch there. Both were trying to hide from their feelings of love and attraction towards each other. In the evening, as Darshan came out of the studio, he bumped into Gauri who was on her way to the dining table.
“I am sorry.” Both of them said at the same time, automatically. Darshan and Gauri stared at each other. Gauri who was looking everywhere but him, tried to walk away from him. But at the same time Darshan moved forward and they both bumped into each other again and this time, Darshan who lost balance held on to Gauri as he fell. As a result Gauri fell on the top of him. She had shut her eyes while falling and when she stopped moving and landed on something that was not floor, she opened her eyes to find herself face-to-face with Darshan. Her blue eyes stared into his brown ones and for a moment time froze for both of them. Rajal maa, who had heard sound of crash as both of them had fallen down came to see what the noise was about and found those two lying on the floor. She smiled at the sight and coughed. Hearing the sound they both came to senses and tried to get up at the same time which made them fall down once again. Darshan paused and helped Gauri up before himself getting up. Both of them scrambled to the dining room awkwardly with Rajal maa laughing behind them. Rajal maa was finally happy as she had noticed that Darshan’s drinking had reduced altogether and he was a very happy man now.

//Sorry for such short chapter. The story is coming to an end, so I have to adjust the parts little bit. Anyways, do vote. And I hope you are reading my other story Tum Hi Ho too. Soon, I am going to start a brand new story. I am working on it currently and as soon as I have sufficient chapters I will start posting it. It is a Darshan fanfic too. So I hope you like it.😊//