Epilogue

//Author's note:
Hello guys. This is an official end of this story. I hope you liked it. Also TRIGGER WARNING. This chapter is a bit mature, has sexual content to some extent. Nothing too graphic, just mild steamy romance. You can skip this of you don't want to read. It has nothing important, just a happy mushy ending.//

A week later…
Gauri woke up to the sound of something crashing in the middle of night. It felt that she had slept only for few minutes. She glanced at the watch and realized that it was true. She had went to bed at 10.30 and it was 11.55 at the moment.
She noticed that Darshan’s side of bed was empty and she frowned. Darshan had told her that he would be working late in the night on some musical piece. As she sat up in the bed, trying to orient herself, there was sound of a loud thump followed by Darshan’s cursing. Confused, she got out of the bed and walked out of the room.
“Darshan?”
She called out and suddenly Darshan appeared out of nowhere in front of her, as if she had summoned him by magic. He blocked her in the passage and it seemed like he was trying to hide something from his guilty expression.
“Darshan?” Gauri asked again, confused by his behavior, “What’s going on? Kya kar rahe the aap? Ye awaaz….?”
“Err…kuch nahi. Wo bas me coffee bana raha tha na. The mug fell down. You go and sleep na. Don’t come in the living room. There are sharp pieces fallen all over.”
Darshan told her, but Gauri found his behavior suspicious. She tried to look behind him, but Darshan shifted as if on purpose to block her view.
“What’s going on Darshan? Are you trying to hide something?” She asked, narrowing her eyes and Darshan let out a nervous laugh. He ran a hand through his hair and avoided looking at Gauri.
“What? No, I am… not… hiding. I…err… listen, can you do me a favor? I have kept a diary in the top shelf of the wardrobe. Can you get it for me? I want to try a few lyrics that I had written a few months ago. Please?” Darshan said, making puppy eyed face and Gauri frowned.
“You can’t use that face to melt me every time Darshan.” She said scowling at him. But Darshan continued to look at her and his adorable face did melt her, just like every time. Her scowl turned into a smile and she turned around to hide it and walked towards the bedroom. Darshan sighed with relief.
“That was close.” He muttered to himself and rushed back to the living room.
He quickly scanned everything, and satisfied that everything was perfect, he opened the cake box and gently put down the cake on the table he had decorated. As he was about to light the candle, Gauri called him out from bedroom.
“Darshan, where is that diary. I can’t find it. Where did you put it exactly?” And Darshan smiled mischievously. The truth was there was no diary. He had lied just so his surprise wouldn’t be spoiled. He lit the candle and looked at the time.
It was exactly 12 AM.
“I don’t remember. Can you come and help me with the mug? I can’t find the broom.”
He shouted back. A moment later, Gauri came out and froze when she caught sight of the living room.
The entire living room was decorated with flowers and scented candles. There were balloons and a cake sitting on a table completely covered with rose petals. While she stood shocked, looking at the décor. Darshan slipped behind her, hugged her from behind and whispered in her ear, “Happy Birthday Gauri.”
He kissed her ear and the point between her neck and shoulder. Gauri gasped and closed her eyes, enjoying the sensation. She turned around in his arms to face him and slipped her arms around his neck. “You knew?” She asked and he nodded.
“How could I not know? You are the love of my life. How could I fail to celebrate the day you were born? Happy birthday Gauri. I wish all the happiness in the world for you.” He said, with so much love and adoration in his eyes.
His stare was so intense that Gauri blushed and looked down, biting her lip. She heard Darshan sucking in a breath and looked up, wondering what had happened. She found him still staring at her, but with more intensity and with something that looked like lust in his eyes.
“You have no idea how beautiful you are looking right now.” Darshan said making Gauri blush even more. He lifted her chin up, making her look at him. Leaning down, he kissed her on her forehead, then trailed his lips over her nose slowly.
As he reached her lips, he finally lost his patience and crushed his lips on hers. He kissed her passionately and Gauri responded with equal passion.
What had started as a light kiss, quickly turned into a heated make-out as Darshan slipped his hand under Gauri’s T-shirt making her press her body into his more forcefully. Her hands around his shoulders tightened and she slipped a hand into his hair. As Darshan ran his hand on her bare back, she moaned and this made Darshan back out instantly. Gauri looked at him, worried that she had done something wrong.
“I think we should cut the cake and celebrate you birthday before I loose control.” Darshan said, still looking at her with an intense stare and Gauri blushed. She touched her lips in a daze, the fact that they had just had their first kiss sinking in.
Darshan caught her hand and led her to the table where cake was waiting for them. He picked up the guitar that was kept on the couch nearby and started singing happy birthday for Gauri.
Gauri beamed at him with happiness. She cut the cake as he finished the song and lifted the piece to feed him, but his caught her hand midway and turned it towards her and fed her the piece of cake. He then picked up an envelope which was wrapped in a gift paper and handed it to Gauri. “Darshan…” Gauri began to protest, but Darshan silenced her.
“Don’t even open your mouth. I know even better ways of shutting you mouth if you try to say no.” He said with a mischievous glint in his eyes looking at her lips.
That effectively shut her up and she began to open the gift. A few moments later, she gasped as she realized what the gift was. A trip to Europe.
“I think we have a pending honeymoon.” Darshan said with a serious tone, which made Gauri chuckle. She looked at Darshan with happiness. She wanted to thank him, but she couldn’t find words. So she threw her arms around him, leaned up on her toes and tried to kiss him. But he was so tall that she couldn’t quite reach his lips.
“Bend down you idiot.” She snapped at him and chuckling, Darshan bent down to meet her lips.
He felt like he was the one getting the best gift of world even though it was his wife’s birthday. This time, Gauri slipped her hands under his T-shirt, feeling his taut muscles stiffen under her touch.
Darshan groaned as she broke the kiss and trailed her lips down to kiss his neck.
“Gauri…”
He tried to warn her, but Gauri silenced him by kissing his lips again. A moment later, Darshan pulled back and looked at her with a stare that made Gauri go weak in knees.
“Are you sure you want….? I can stop right now. But if you continue to kiss me like that, I won’t be able to control myself.” He said and Gauri blushed at his words. She put a hand behind his neck and forced him to bend down.
“I am ready.” She whispered in his ear and kissed his soft spot near the ear. Darshan instantly bent down and picked Gauri up, carrying her to the couch. He knew he wouldn’t be able to make it to the bedroom.
He wanted her right now. He had waited for this for so long that he didn’t realize what his he was doing until he was hovering above a naked Gauri, ready to go inside her.
He looked in her eyes, as if seeking permission. Gauri kissed him in answer and pulled him closer.

A year later…
Gauri sat in her cabin, lost in her thoughts, absentmindedly playing with her pen. She was startled out of her thoughts when all of sudden Nisha barged in her cabin.
“Nisha! Godd, at least knock before you come in, you almost gave me a heart attack.” Gauri scolded her and Nisha waved her off impatiently.
“I collected your reports from the lab. Check them out and tell me if they are positive.” Nisha said throwing down an envelope on the table in front of Gauri.
Suddenly nervous, Gauri picked up the envelope with shaky hands and opened it. She unfolded the paper and scanned it, then let out a gasp as she read the Positive result of the test. She looked up at Nisha, her eyes wet with tears.
“It’s Positive.” Nisha too gasped at that. Then a moment later, both of them jumped up and hugged each other.
“Oh my God, I can’t believe this is happening. How are you going to tell Darshan?” Nisha asked and Gauri sank down in her seat, worried about how he was going to react when she would tell him about the test results.
She hadn’t even told him that she had taken a test. That evening she went home, determined to tell Darshan and face whatever his reaction was going to be. He had to know this. It was his right.
She entered the bedroom to find Darshan lying on bed, scrolling through his phone. He looked up when she entered and his face lit up at her sight. He was just back from a long tour and was meeting her after almost a week. He rushed to her and hugged her tightly.
“Wait, wait Darshan, you can’t hug me like this.” Gauri said, getting out of his grip. Darshan looked at her confused and slightly hurt.
“Why? What happened? Naraz ho kya?” He asked worriedly and Gauri shook her head.
She took a deep breath and tried to speak, but she just couldn’t find right words to tell him so she took out the test report from her bag and handed it to Darshan silently.
Looking even more confused, Darshan opened the reports while Gauri waited patiently. Darshan stared at the report for a few moments, trying to read the medical terms but not really understanding anything. His eyes then went to the end of report and he instantly looked back at Gauri, his eyes wide.
“Gauri…You are… pregnant?” He said astonished at what he was seeing. Gauri gulped down her fears and nodded. She was suddenly lifted up in the air by Darshan and spinning. “Darshan, Darshan stop, you are not supposed to do this too. It’s not healthy for me.” Gauri screamed and Darshan put her down.
"Ooops…sorry. You are pregnant. This is such a wonderful news.” Darshan exclaimed and bent down to kiss her. Gauri kissed him back and when they pulled back for air, Darshan held Gauri’s face in his hands and kissed her forehead.
“This is the most wonderful gift I have ever got. I can’t believe I am going to be a father. Thank you, for being in my life, for giving a meaning and a reason for my life. I love you Gauri, I love you so much that I can’t even explain it in words. I can only think of the song I had written for you. Tu Dua Hai, tu hi hai mera karam…. Tujhpe hi shuru, tujhpe his khatam… ”