* * *

Kill... I need to kill....

Hanako opened her eyes, expecting to find her room but a creepy teenage girl was in her field of vision, looking down at her as if she were the last muffin in the box. Her blond hair flowed behind her, as if she were floating in nothingness. In fact, Hanako noticed that she didn't display any feet, as her silver dress covered her entire body and flowed just like her hair.

"Who are you?" Hanako asked. Her pale golden eyes were looking back at her, filled with hunger.

"The spirit within the Hitsurugi," her voice was melodic. "I want to ask you a favor. I haven't dined in ages and I crave for carnage," the psycho look in her face put Hanako off edge. She sat up in a moment only to realize she wasn't in her room. It was an astral dark world.

"This is..."

"Your subconscious." The spirit smiled towards her. "I rarely get to speak to my users so freely. They just use me and discard me after they die," her finger traced Hanako's arm from the bracelet up to her chin, "or I eat them." A spark of fear run down Hanako's spine. "I see a lot of potential in you, please don't make me eat you." She moved closer to mutter into her ear. "And give me that carnage."

Her malicious cackling pushed Hanako out of the astral world and into reality. She opened her eyes and sat up in a fraction of a second. With heavy pants, Hanako pushed the sheets away and stood up. She had become aware of the warmth that enveloped her wrist. The Hitsurugi was itching her skin with the growing heat, almost burning her skin. "Calm the fuck down, we won't leave until evening!" She pushed the words through her gritted teeth. It surprised her that the bracelet cooled down.

Well as much as she'd hate to follow the bracelet's wishes, she was itching for a fight too. She had been just training for over three months. At least in Konoha she would get to go on missions, but here was rather boring. Shinobi were a thing but quite uncommon to her liking. "If this is what they call 'not peaceful' times what they want is a boring world."

"So, that fight against the Senju where you almost died wasn't enough for you?" Hanako hadn't sensed Amane walk into her room.

"No, that's something I was used to. I am an Anbu." She spoke proudly of her status, but remembered that Amane didn't have the slightest idea what an Anbu was. "I work in information gathering. I would often hunt down people to get their intel and report back to the village."

Amane huffed. "I see. You must be excited since you get to do what you were accustomed to."

"Damn straight." Hanako couldn't hide her glee anymore. Her lips would curl up on their own.

"Well, change quickly and gather your weapons. The sun will set soon. We'll leave as soon as the twilight comes. Guard change schedule."

When Amane closed the door upon leaving, Hanako picked out her gear. She would use it for training, but now it was her first mission with it. She was as excited to wear it, as she was excited to wear her Anbu gear for her first mission. It was similar to what other Uchiha wore at that time, except that instead of the dark accustomed colors, she had asked Tajima to make hers red. Even Amane agreed to wear black gear.

Speaking of the devil, she was right outside, already dressed and ready to go. "Every time I look at your yukata, I wonder how you'll manage without calling attention."

"Does it matter?" Hanako glared at her. "Just a subtle reminder that I'm the main character."

* * *

Kira Uchiha wasn't easy to find, as Shisui came to learn. After that night in Akira's house, they didn't have any clue of where the woman could be. They were only certain she hadn't left because they had her return ticket, and without the certainty of coming back, Kira wasn't going to leave.