Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

“Daddy!” A force was thrown at me and I wrapped my arms around it. It was warm and its hair was long and wavy. It was Andy.

“Andy,” I breathed out as I hugged her back. She actually called me daddy.

“She missed you,” someone said in the doorway. I looked up and saw that it was Harry. He looked tired and he couldn’t keep his eyes off of Andy and me.

“Thanks,” I said as I stepped through the doorway with Andy on my hip and my bag on my shoulder. Nothing’s really changed in the house except that the chairs were moved a little. I’ve gotten used to my enhanced eyes now, noticing every little detail. My mum helped me a lot with trying to get used to this and my aunt April helped me control some things so I won’t hurt anyone around me.

“Welcome home Nialler,” Liam said as I made my way into the living room, setting my bag down by the staircase.

“Cheers mate.”

“How was everything,” Zayn asked next.

I sat on the couch with Andy on my lap. She looked to be about 6 now and she still was light as a feather. Harry came in and sat on the other side of me. He was being really weird. I wonder… “Everything’s fine. I’m feeling much better now. Thanks for making me go, Liam.”

“No problem.”

“How bout some Nando’s tonight,” Lou suggested.

“Yes please,” Andy and I said at the same time. She looked up at me and I just smiled down at her. She cuddled more into my chest and I wrapped my arms around her as I kissed her on top of her head.

“Harry, would you like to go with us to go get the food,” Zayn asked as they all stood up but Harry.

“I…”

“Come on, Haz. Give them some time alone,” Liam said as he fixed his cotton sweater. Harry looked like he wanted to protest but he still got up just the same. He bend down and kissed Andy on her forehead and that’s when I knew.

“Harry…”

He looked at me, his eyes wide. “Niall, I-“

“Again?! You do this to me again?!”

He put his arms up in defense. “It’s not my fault. I didn’t do it on purpose.”

“That’s your fucking excuse for everything!”

“Niall, calm down,” Liam said as he put his hand on my shoulder.

“If I wasn’t holding Andy, I swear to God I would hurt you.”

“Daddy?” I looked down into those familiar blue eyes. “Don’t hurt Harry. I love Harry.”

“Andy…” I knew there was nothing I could do and that it wasn’t Harry’s fault. But this always happens when I get someone new in my life He always has to have it too. I sighed, knowing that I wasn’t going to win this either way. It’s what she wants and sure, it may not me the ‘love’ that I’m accusing him of right now but I know it leads to it. And I know what happens next.

“Go get the food,” she instructed Harry. “I’ll be fine.” Haz nodded his head before he looked back at me and walked out the door with the rest of the lads. “Daddy?” She turned and placed her warm hand on my cheek. “Don’t be mad at him.”

I sighed again. “I’m not… it’s just…”

“I’m not going anywhere.”

“How did you- you can read minds, can’t you?” She nodded her head. “Just like your mum.”